6 + 2 Point Deductions

I wonder if part of the reason for the wording of our statement is because someone at the PL has had a word and said something like "we're probably going to have to give you a fine or something on the next one, but that's it, so take this one on the chin and when we re-write the rules at the end of the season that'll be the end of it"?

To which we've played ball and gone along with it

hope so mikey

I wonder if part of the reason for the wording of our statement is because someone at the PL has had a word and said something like "we're probably going to have to give you a fine or something on the next one, but that's it, so take this one on the chin and when we re-write the rules at the end of the season that'll be the end of it"?

To which we've played ball and gone along with it
Could be the case.

Nice review. Thanks!

Sorry that should have said a point was worth £5m.

1000079630.jpg

Can anyone clarify the model/precedent now then?

A breach = points deduction.

How have they now said they work out the number?

£19.5m over = 6 points?

So if Forest are say... £40m over. Is it 12 points?
From what I can gather - the way this latest commission have laid out their findings is that, in theory, no club would be able to be deducted more than 8 points because it was concluded that no punishment should go beyond the deduction that's in place for insolvency, which is 9 points.

I think that's based on single breaches though.. so that could still be bad news for the likes of City & Chelsea.

Can anyone clarify the model/precedent now then?

A breach = points deduction.

How have they now said they work out the number?

£19.5m over = 6 points?

So if Forest are say... £40m over. Is it 12 points?

Possibly but then they found the argument about getting 9 points for administration to have weight.

So it seems like it would be hard for anyone to get above 9 point deduction, based on this.

We have taken into account the fact that, under rule E.35, a PL club suffers a nine point deduction on an “Event of Insolvency”. Mr Rabinowitz submitted, with some force, that an Event of Insolvency is an inevitably more serious matter for the relevant club in respect of its sustainability, and so for the integrity of the PL as a competition; which is indicative that a nine or more point penalty for the Club in respect of its breach of the PSR would be too high. The two penalties are not, in our view, directly comparable because, as Mr Lewis pointed out, the nine point penalty under rule E.35 is automatic and may be accompanied by other disciplinary sanctions for breaches of other rules which an Event of Insolvency (or the underlying circumstances) may trigger. Nevertheless, we found this submission by Mr Rabinowitz to have some force. It suggests that the ten point penalty here was internally inconsistent within the framework of the PL Rules.

The point for 5m seems to be dismissed.

Look at 215 of the article released.
Point should still stand though. If Everton get 6 points for x amount and Forest only get 6 or less for going over our loss then it will look ridiculous and Everton should be asking questions. The Club statement after the first announcement said they'd be watching closely to other clubs breaches.

I don't know the details of the Forest breach but would imagine it is a lot more than Everton's so if 6 is the new made up baseline then Forest's should be a lot more than 6.