2023/24 Beto

……remember when posters were loving him after scoring on debut and I got a bit of stick for saying he was technically poor, needed the ball played in front of him and his finishing would be very much ‘hit and miss’. I accept I got that last bit wrong, as his finishing is more ‘miss than hit’.

The fact we don’t pay until the summer is no excuse for buying tosh.

We really need Chermiti to save Thelwell’s reputation and get us the goals to keep us in this league, just as a young Alan Whittle got us over the line with vital goals at the end of the 69/70 season.

Just think he needs more minutes. We accept DCL missing chances and not scoring so let us see if Beto with more minutes can improve on DCLs conversion rate.
Not saying he is the answer and Everton probably have the worst strikers in the prem but surely we need someone who can score a goal playing at least 75 mins per game over 20 games

Who saw him a thought yes, this is the man.

Was he signed from a GIF sent to a scout?
Hands up ....I did.

Watched him playing for Udinese with Gerri and thought he looked just what we need .
Big bustling centre forward that bullied defenders and scored some belters.

I'm hoping it's 1st season syndrome ( like Mykolenko) , but upto now he's been a pants.

I'm not in the 'anti' brigade and I think he looks more lively than a shattered/out of form DCL. However, he obviously isn't a £30 million player. Who'd have thought that the club would overspend on a player, especially as we spent the last £500 million so well!

Who has sat and gone through hours of footage of this lad, then watched him in the flesh and then thought paying a £30 million fee was the correct way forward.