2023/24 Sean Dyche

Yeah, it's one thing if you have a situation where a manager has some ideas but just doesn't have the set of players to execute them or is at least in the process of getting the players he does have to learn how to execute them (see Pochettino at Chelsea).

But here, it feels like the team is playing exactly how Dyche wants. It's not an issue of the manager not getting what he wants out of the team, it's an issue of what the manager wants not being the right thing.
But it is the right thing, the players just aren’t finishing it. I don’t think xG is as important as some people make out but our underperformance in regards to that is staggering.

We play well defensively, we create chances and ultimately the forwards just aren’t finishing. We should be at least 13th but if you balance out the xG we probably “deserve” to be in the top 10.

I know it’s not for some people but I actually quite like the football we play under Dyche, it’s the most enjoyable for me since probably Martinez’ first year or else Carlo’s spell. I think people really need to get in touch with where we are. Seen loads of shouts that we should be beating “a team like Brighton” or that anything other than a win against West Ham is unacceptable, despite the fact that both clubs are miles better than us currently, with Dyche and especially without him.

We’ll get blown away by the likes of City and we’ll be lucky to get points against the likes of Spurs but people also need to realise that we’re also gonna get blown away by the likes of Brighton too, because they’re genuinely very good. I feel this fanbase suffers a lot with perception (due to our very successful history), mostly with seeing us as great or at least better than most yet on the same note looking down on other clubs despite them being objectively better than us.

Worst football I have seen in my years, I thought he shut me up after we went on that run of games post points deduction, but it's gone from bad to terrible.

The wingers are not involved in the game, full backs both defensive, centre mids both defensive and leaves our best midfileder by a clear mile on the bench.

Our patters of play are two of three passes then hoof it and hope our striker will win it against a back three.

Would love it if he got the boot... Highlight of my week is match day, but old Sean is taking that away from me.

It's wild, Lampard was a 'likeable guy' who some wanted to do well. So when he played possession based footy with these lads and they couldn't do it, everyone was happy to say 'players are crap what do you expect him to do', Lampard also pretty much ran with this line.

So Dyche comes in with pragmatism to keep us alive because, as everyone has agreed, the players are crap.

Now, because Dyche has us on 31 pts, everyone is starting to forget these players aren't good, but are blaming Dyche for it when they gave Lampard a pass on that.

Watched that in the Brighton end. Regular comments like "imagine having to watch that every week" from bloody Brighton.

Mostly sour grapes but we aren’tfor the purists. Bottom line is the results are good and nobody turns us over