2023/24 Sean Dyche

I’d like to see him tell the team to posses the ball and put them under some pressure. Instead he sat back and invited Brighton onto us only to clear the ball and have it right back on us. Horrible tactics to see out a 1 nil with a man advantage.
Lampard told us to possess the ball and look how that turned out

To be fair though Gary, we can't really criticise Dyche for the teams ability to defend. Prior Man City we'd conceded the least amount in the league from open play, we're still top 3 for that I think and that was the first headed we've conceded this season.

Accept your point but I don't agree we shouldn't be trying to see out a 1-0 win away from home after 90 minutes. I mean, earlier at 1-0 up we were still creating chances and Beto should have made it 2 but I'm afraid he's a bit crap.
I think some of you are confused as to what seeing our a game looks like. The best defense is a good offenses. Some possession in their half sees that game out. Sitting back cost us points. Agree to disagree, think Dyche blew it with how to see out the game.

To be fair though Gary, we can't really criticise Dyche for the teams ability to defend. Prior Man City we'd conceded the least amount in the league from open play, we're still top 3 for that I think and that was the first headed we've conceded this season.

Accept your point but I don't agree we shouldn't be trying to see out a 1-0 win away from home after 90 minutes. I mean, earlier at 1-0 up we were still creating chances and Beto should have made it 2 but I'm afraid he's a bit crap.
For me, it's the balance. We certainly should not have been going gung-ho knowing we're away from home and Brighton's quality, even with ten men.

They have scored five, five and four in three of their last five games. However, the difference in his performance after we scored is what is galling.

In essence, we let them back into the game because of how we played, when a bit of measured offensive pressure could have helped stem the tide.

The problem is, like I said before, we're simply not clinical enough, which is something he needs to try and remedy.

Lampard told us to possess the ball and look how that turned out
1-0 up, other team down a man that’s exactly what you do at any level of the game. You don’t sit back. Poor tactics to see out the game from Dyche. Glad you’re happy with the point. I’m not, everything was set up for 3 points away from home and some much needed confidence. Instead two points dropped and confidence still shot to pieces.

For me, it's the balance. We certainly should not have been going gung-ho knowing we're away from home and Brighton's quality, even with ten men.

They have scored five, five and four in three of their last five games. However, the difference in his performance after we scored is what is galling.

In essence, we let them back into the game because of how we played, when a bit of measured offensive pressure could have helped stem the tide.
Exactly I’m not saying go all out attack but you have to possess the ball in their half for some of the last 10 minutes. Everything we sent into their half was a clearance or a long ball from Pickford right to their keeper. Poor.

In essence, we let them back into the game because of how we played.
Bingo. We were up a man! And yet, the entire rest of the game it was bunker and then fling long balls up to Beto whenever we managed to gain possession, almost all of which just went to their keeper, allowing them to restart their attack. No idea how to manage the game at all. That sort of thing has to be on the manager.