2023/24 Sean Dyche

See happy clappers in full voice .. sets us up well, yeah right, that first half last night was Dyche personified . Going the match is kin agonising . He is and always be a one trick pony who will lean experienced players to the fullest, irrelevant if they are gash.
How about starting on the front foot against dire opposition? You absolute dullard tactical dinosaur.
We've started on the front foot against 'lesser' opposition, have created loads of chances and our players can't score. Think Fulham at home, Wolves at home, Luton at home. It's not that simple

I dont think our full backs have the pace or ability to regularly beat a man in the final third and deliver any worthwhile delivery into the box.

Mykolenko - as much as he's improved this season, hasn't registered a single Premier League assist yet.

At right back? Even Coleman when fit hasn't the best delivery. Loves a floating cross. Young? Godfrey? Patterson?

Our wingers lack pace to drop back and support, too should we give our full backs who can't cross a ball or beat a man licence to get forward more.
Could've really kicked on this season if Dyche just gave him the opportunity to. That's been my biggest issue with him.

Dyche is the worst manager this club has had over the last 20 years easily. He’s extremely limited and now what we’re seeing is the fact he’s burnt out the team and it’s only February. 3 league home wins is a disgrace. The football (if you can call it that) is nothing but an absolute joke considering he’s been here 13 months. I find him hugely arrogant in his team selection and never really takes blame himself. People forget he very very nearly cost us last before a wonder goal on the last day. His obsession to play Keane over Mina when everyone knew it had to be done. Can’t wait to see the back of him yet half of the fan base seems to think he’s some messiah who can’t do any wrong

Could've really kicked on this season if Dyche just gave him the opportunity to. That's been my biggest issue with him.

Maybe. I've no clue.

Maybe if we're sat midtable, he gets a run.

Maybe Dyche is thinking %/pragmatism and wont take that 'risk' - like Benitez/Lampard before him with Patterson. I mean, he's raw isn't he? He wasn't getting a game for Rangers before here so it's some step up in a chaotic team.

[Edit] And we cant really argue with our defence under Dyche...

Got it wrong last night but can’t argue with the job he’s done before then, under incredibly difficult circumstances.

The players and fans were aligned in apathy last night which I think this was the culmination of the Premier leagues despicable handling of our case and of the awful, flawed process they have used to vilify and punish the club, plus our own self inflicted issues.

It’s a malaise of the 10 point deduction, the ongoing saga of 777 approval or not ( beyond farcical now!) plus the waiting for the appeal outcome and then any potential punishment for the 2nd breach.

Were a zombie, lifeless entity in limbo and it starting to show with Dyche and the players.

Regardless of the outside factors, Dyche has to be braver in team selection and tactics against so called lesser opposition. We can’t just pass up winnable games by surrendering any initiative before a ball has been kicked.

Were much better defensively and look fitter as a squad thanks to Dyche, but the tactics and teamwork on the field are dire.

Got it wrong last night but can’t argue with the job he’s done before then, under incredibly difficult circumstances.

The players and fans were aligned in apathy last night which I think this was the culmination of the Premier leagues despicable handling of our case and of the awful, flawed process they have used to vilify and punish the club, plus our own self inflicted issues.

It’s a malaise of the 10 point deduction, the ongoing saga of 777 approval or not ( beyond farcical now!) plus the waiting for the appeal outcome and then any potential punishment for the 2nd breach.

Were a zombie, lifeless entity in limbo and it starting to show with Dyche and the players.

Regardless of the outside factors, Dyche has to be braver in team selection and tactics against so called lesser opposition. We can’t just pass up winnable games by surrendering any initiative before a ball has been kicked.

Were much better defensively and look fitter as a squad thanks to Dyche, but the tactics and teamwork on the field are dire.
Spot on. Reflects my own feelings pretty perfectly.

Err a fair few on here think he’s doing fine.

He is...

We've been in relegation battles the past 2 seasons and finished with 39 and 36 points after 38 games.

Dyche has us in 12th place with 30 points after 25 games, which puts us on target for earning 40+ points over the season and a respectable finishing postion given the weak squad we have and the previous 2 seasons of dire struggle.

A points deduction forced on us and him has us down in 17th, not Dyche.

Dyche is the worst manager this club has had over the last 20 years easily. He’s extremely limited and now what we’re seeing is the fact he’s burnt out the team and it’s only February. 3 league home wins is a disgrace. The football (if you can call it that) is nothing but an absolute joke considering he’s been here 13 months. I find him hugely arrogant in his team selection and never really takes blame himself. People forget he very very nearly cost us last before a wonder goal on the last day. His obsession to play Keane over Mina when everyone knew it had to be done. Can’t wait to see the back of him yet half of the fan base seems to think he’s some messiah who can’t do any wrong
The usual hysterical posting you see on forums and social media.

He's not even the worst manager out of the last 2-3 years, let alone 20.

I think that the one thing we will agree upon on this subject eggs is that Dyche is probably the best manager to keep us in the division with no investment in the team.

To be honest , and I accept I'm in a minority, Id rather see us play decent football in the Championship.

I genuinely don't think the club can continue this spiral of selling our only decent players and replacing with journeymen to play negative football with the sole intention of staying on the gravy train.

Would Leicester fans rather have stayed up with Dyche and be watching his football now, or be top of the championship playing good football?

Financial realities of course but staying up at all costs isn't great either

We've started on the front foot against 'lesser' opposition, have created loads of chances and our players can't score. Think Fulham at home, Wolves at home, Luton at home. It's not that simple
Yes Fulham we should have been 3 up at half time, wolves was more even, they scored, missed a sitter and hit the woodwork and both these games happened 6 months ago. And this notion we battered Luton is laughable. We didn’t lay a glove on them in the 2nd half, they deserved to win

Working under a false pressure at the minute, we should be 10 pts better off and the angst would be less. The football is awful, never liked teams having more than 60%possession.

Everything must be different from the norm, instead of being relatively comfortable mid table we're in a relegation fight not of our making so the pressure is ramped up.

It just isn't a fair situation, it has been handled terribly and the transparency isn't there so we are all wondering wtf is going on. It's not right and has completely killed the sport*cough* for me. It's hard because I am an Evertonian and I refuse to watch the premier league in its current form, so I don't get to see the team, probably a small mercy with current form, but again we should be mid table.