777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interestingly I have queried the provenance of the oft repeated statement on here that FCA approval of 777 has already been gained .
It appears that someone on Toffeeweb has enquired about this to the FCA themselves,
They replied that , once approved , the company appears on a register.
At the time of writing, no one had been able to find 777 on any register of approval.
It would appear possible therefore that this is another erroneous snippet of misinformation leaked from 777/ Everton , apparently based more on hope and wishful thinking than reality.
We shall see.

Why does he say this and then also say there are other interested parties? This does not make sense.
One theory would be that the other interested party, who he seems to know and support, are actually happy to wait until administration to get a knockdown price and a haircut on the debt.

That would not be in the best interests of the club, the team, the fans or the employees but it might be in the best financial interests of the other investors.

We should be very wary of anyone, Esk or otherwise, touting and vouching for other parties without knowing who they are or what they intend.

As bad as 777 might be I feel like some people are trying to create a narrative that “nothing could possibly be worse than 777” and it worries me that this perception could lead to blind acceptance of people whose plan IS worse.

One theory would be that the other interested party, who he seems to know and support, are actually happy to wait until administration to get a knockdown price and a haircut on the debt.

That would not be in the best interests of the club, the team, the fans or the employees but it might be in the best financial interests of the other investors.

We should be very wary of anyone, Esk or otherwise, touting and vouching for other parties without knowing who they are or what they intend.

As bad as 777 might be I feel like some people are trying to create a narrative that “nothing could possibly be worse than 777” and it worries me that this perception could lead to blind acceptance of people whose plan IS worse.
To be fair there you couldn’t get much worse than a cash strapped, unscrupulous group whose declared reason for purchasing football clubs they can’t afford to run is to ‘monetise’ the supporters .
And also to mortgage everything Everton have left , to service the rest of their struggling group.
Personally I don’t think you could find a worse prospect , as bad maybe , but not worse.

Points deduction apart, would it have been better to go into administration? There's bound to be someone here who knows the problem scenarios.
Please, we need to get away from any notion that administration is just exchanging 9 points for wiping out some debts.

It’s a disaster. The administrators can and will pretty much gut the club to pay the creditors what they can, people will lose jobs, there’s a reason clubs can take decades to recover.

I don’t think we are there yet but we need to start being very, very wary of anyone proposing administration as a “better” solution.

Seen some suggestions that the other 'potential interested party' whilst also Americans are very much a cash upfront mob they simply just are not prepared to pay Moshiri's asking price due to the level of debt that will need paying off if they did takeover.

Seen some suggestions that the other 'potential interested party' whilst also Americans are very much a cash upfront mob they simply just are not prepared to pay Moshiri's asking price due to the level of debt that will need paying off if they did takeover.
You would hope it is the case that they could / would pick the club up at a lesser price but before administration but it really would be nice to know a bit more so they could be subjected to some level of scrutiny.

Because if / when 777 is pulled things could move quite fast and there will be very little time left for scrutiny then. And it worries me that by lurking in the shadows that is part of their plan.

You would hope it is the case that they could / would pick the club up at a lesser price but before administration but it really would be nice to know a bit more so they could be subjected to some level of scrutiny.

Because if / when 777 is pulled things could move quite fast and there will be very little time left for scrutiny then. And it worries me that by lurking in the shadows that is part of their plan.
I honestly think it's just people baulking at Moshiri's asking price which apparently is over £100m more than what the shares are actually worth (according to something I read a while back)

That may be so, or it may be that they have funds available, yet the source of this revenue is either yet to be proven or the PL have questions about its legitimacy.
A question I keep wondering is that, when most reporting suggests they have very little liquidity and struggle to even pay bills elsewhere, why are they tying up the best part of 200m in junior debt at a football club they may never own? Doesn’t really add up to me.

A question I keep wondering is that, when most reporting suggests they have very little liquidity and struggle to even pay bills elsewhere, why are they tying up the best part of 200m in junior debt at a football club they may never own? Doesn’t really add up to me.

Is there any way that debt can somehow be transferred to owning part or all of the stadium? Surely that's what they'll have their eye on