6 + 2 Point Deductions

It genuinely angers me. There’s a good portion of our fanbase that I’m convinced find some sort of weird comfort in misery, like if something good was to happen to us then it would unsettle them a bit as it’s not what they’re used to. They’d find a way to turn that into a negative because that’s their comfort blanket, that’s what’s normal, we don’t like change over here. The unknown scares them more.
“ careful what your wish for “ should be the new motto on our badge

Any points deduction, even 1 point, is totally unfair and disproportionate, because this is nothing to do with football

And the same goes for Forest. Would be an absolute joke if they lose points too for having the audacity of trying to build a squad to compete at top flight level.

Points deductions should only be considered as a last resort and only due to on field offences.

Any points deduction, even 1 point, is totally unfair and disproportionate, because this is nothing to do with football

And the same goes for Forest. Would be an absolute joke if they lose points too for having the audacity of trying to build a squad to compete at top flight level.

Points deductions should only be considered as a last resort and only due to on field offences.
I agree but that’s not the reality. The reality is we have been given a points deduction.

I don’t agree that we should still be competing in their farcical competition if we get a 20 point deduction. Why should we maintain our professionalism in that instance?
Common sense says to me that the second PSR breach shouldn’t carry a big penalty at all as it covers two thirds of the same period as the first one.
But after the absurd punishment for the first one, I’m scared to hell that they will say a second breach is worse and give us a bigger punishment still.
Let’s just hope to god that the appeal reduces greatly the fine (as I think it will) and that this then feeds into to more common sense for the second one.

Still think should be a transfer ban and mayne something like squad reduction to make u cut costs

I have read the written reasons a few times and it wasn’t till this morning a couple of things jumped out at me and I am not quite sure the implications

1) When the IC handed out the sanction it. talked about sporting advantage . Ok that’s a bone of contention but what the IC said that they judged that sporting advantage to have been over 4 years . Yes the three periods covered an average of the 19/20 20/21 years alongside 21/22 & 22/23 . My point is surely it’s not correct to even mention the 4 years when reaching a level of sanction
2) The numbers in 2018/19 weren’t disaster an accounting loss of circa £13 million when you factored in the allowable sums for things such academy ladies football and depreciation in P&S terms almost certainly that resulted in a positive number . Alas that year has fallen off the calculation.
I am trying to get my head around is that 2019/20 year was a13 month trading period meaning the 2019/20 and 20/21 losses covered a 25 month trading period. Ok a lot of expenses will be adjusted such as amortisation but things like wages will be a matter of fact ie 25 month’s salary paid but would there have been any boost to income of note . In effect surely a mitigating factor

I agree but that’s not the reality. The reality is we have been given a points deduction.
I know it's a reality but my opinion is that we are being treated unfairly in the extreme and that the process has been a complete joke

So I dont expect a favourable outcome. We are being made an example of because it's convenient for the league to look like they can regulate properly. But the reality is they have made outside regulation a near certainty.

Big weekend coming up. We SHOULD have heard about the first deduction, we COULD beat Palace when relegation rivals will be getting bummed and we COULD therefore be several places up the table!

Shoulda, coulda, woulda - say your prayers and rub your lucky plum.
Ok, so because it's Everton, we are going to not hear anything about the first deduction, we won't beat Palace whilst relegation rivals all cause upsets and we drop down several places somehow in the table.

I know it's a reality but my opinion is that we are being treated unfairly in the extreme and that the process has been a complete joke

So I dont expect a favourable outcome. We are being made an example of because it's convenient for the league to look like they can regulate properly. But the reality is they have made outside regulation a near certainty.
Honestly i have no idea what to feel with the way the rules about even giving us a points deduction was not even part of the case. With the factors they just refused, hopefully now with a good leval team behind us we can expose them and get them back. I still think if we have a second case to hear after this appeal they would put that before forest and then they will run out of time to do there case. Then we have to wait for chelsea/city who both will not get near the deductions we have had, even the media dont want to talk about them

Big weekend coming up. We SHOULD have heard about the first deduction, we COULD beat Palace when relegation rivals will be getting bummed and we COULD therefore be several places up the table!

Shoulda, coulda, woulda - say your prayers and rub your lucky plum.
I think Palace will know this aswell though that’s our only problem. If they goto Chelsea and get stuffed then they will also understand coming back from Goodison without even a point puts them in trouble. I fully expect a Chelsea victory, Roy leaves on a mutal agreement to keep his legacy in tact at the club, Steve Cooper comes into Palace until the end of the season and then we have to deal with the new manager bounce at Goodison - which is worrying to me. I do think without Eze, Olise and now Guehi that we have a really good chance but also with players out other players have a chance to shine.

I think Palace will know this aswell though that’s our only problem. If they goto Chelsea and get stuffed then they will also understand coming back from Goodison without even a point puts them in trouble. I fully expect a Chelsea victory, Roy leaves on a mutal agreement to keep his legacy in tact at the club, Steve Cooper comes into Palace until the end of the season and then we have to deal with the new manager bounce at Goodison - which is worrying to me. I do think without Eze, Olise and now Guehi that we have a really good chance but also with players out other players have a chance to shine.

Just checking, does this theory work for us as well?