Relegation 23/24 Thread

Exactly. We are no worst off really after a very tough game. while you expected others to get at worst a draw, and get away from us, I thought we would be 3/4 points from getting out the bottom 3 at best at about 7.30. We after a pile of tough games in our last 10 still have a great chance. Many teams would have lost a lot of those in our run

Agreed mate, the only game I’ve been really disappointed was Wolves, the rest have been tough, but we’ve Ben very competitive, I said last year if we could turn some of our losses into draws we’l be better then last season, we’ve done that in recent tougher games against good opposition and away over a tough run.

Next three are key.

I think we’ve been purposely been keeping lads back, specifically Coleman, Doucoure and Onana for the next run of games.

Even if we say finish 6 points above Forest. The league will ensure they are docked 3 and we are docked 9 and they stay up.
Think there will have to be a degree of commonality in the punishments.

As much as I think the whole saga has been run like a kangaroo court, I think any disparity in the way they arrived at the punishments could leave the PL open to legal action.

In all truth, today went way better than I dared hope.

Like most people, I held out no hope of getting owt at City.

And I thought sure Luton would have moved four points ahead of us and Forest at least three.

To finish the day with no ground lost and the dead weight of a City away fixture out the road I now consider this a satisfactory day ;)

Think there will have to be a degree of commonality in the punishments.

As much as I think the whole saga has been run like a kangaroo court, I think any disparity in the way they arrived at the punishments could leave the PL open to legal action.
We had an inferred sporting advantage. Forest had a cast iron sporting advantage due to massively overspending on players and salaries that wouldn’t normally go there so they had no choice, then deliberately breached in order to hold out for a higher price for Johnson (which in turn can be reinvested for more sporting advantage).

Whilst everything they did is in the best interest of their club, it’s against the rules and their punishment should be many multiples of ours. It obviously won’t be, no chance. But even if it was the same as our penalty, and it’s just become a flat 6 points for all types of breach regardless of circumstances or magnitude, I’d finally implode. They may not be as hated by seemingly everyone as we are, but their breach is way worse in my opinion due to the way it came about. It was blindingly obvious last year what was going to happen unless they sold all their big ticket players last June, or won the Champions League.

Not quite a miracle but it was sheer luck that we didn't end the day worse off than we started it in. Unexpected Luton home defeat, Forest losing at home, and Burnley expectedly being beaten. Just need Chelsea to do the business tomorrow and it'll have actually been a good weekend considering we should have ended up losing points to a few of those sides.

In all truth, today went way better than I dared hope.

Like most people, I held out no hope of getting owt at City.

And I thought sure Luton would have moved four points ahead of us and Forest at least three.

To finish the day with no ground lost and the dead weight of a City away fixture out the road I now consider this a satisfactory day ;)
Yep could have been really bad for us