One year since we appointed dyche

All
The 8’s show how most have fallen as a fan base from an expectation point of view and that dyche is the best we can do. Kenwright will be punching the air

At this point it's realism. Any higher expectations make no sense right now. Stay up is the only priority

I'm a fan who through many of the years since Moyes left wanted something better and more progressive. Better football, try attack teams and build a base for a future of decent stability and a springboard for possible success. I didn't want Koeman, but supported him. I stopped watching under Sam and the RS as I will never agree either appointment was needed/correct and my interest disappeared completely (for the first time in over 30yrs) until they'd gone.

If Dyche was appointed 5yrs ago I'd be saying something a lot different, but we have been ran into the ground and are in real danger and survival is paramount

The talk of style and suitability for me right now isn't important. Does he look like he can keep us up? Yes. Ok good enough

I honestly don't understand the match thread and manager thread picking apart decisions and losing heads every time our crap team lose, like it's some surprise. So long as overall he stays the course to make us look like staying up I think currently it's what we should accept as enough in this hopefully temporary situation.

Don't get me wrong if some actual decision maker at the club (lol) had some foresight and picked a better manager to keep us up AND improve the football AND give us hope of better to come, then I wouldn't miss the manager a bit, but who the hell wants those guys making a decision like that when the manager we have looks like he will keep us up?

I pray we will be back in the next 5yrs to the point where we have the luxury of worrying about a better 'style' and can demand more of whichever charlatans we are landed with

It’s really got to be a seven out of ten, he’s got the hardest job in the league, absolutely no doubt in my mind. In need of a good result asap though, we haven’t looked convincing with Doucoure out whereas with him in, even when we’ve not got results, we’ve looked a lot more like we knew what we were doing.

It’s awful to watch a fair bit of the time but I think he’s done well considering the situation/squad he has.

The one thing I don’t like is he can be full of himself after a win and snarky/deflective after a defeat, like Allardyce only less pompous.

6 for me, while he has us still out of the relegation zone with a 10 point deduction is very very good but some of the performances, style of play and home form concerns me. I feel like we go into each game with underdog mentality even at home, conceding possession against garbage teams is not on, could get behind it if the results proved it works.

Also I'm not a big DCL fan but he is better than what he's showing lately and some of that is on the manager.
Is he the manager to take us forward i say no.

All in all he is doing ok but i think thats what he is as a manager.

6/10

It's only been a year. It's felt like the siege of Leningrad. Gets a 10 for surviving last year, gets another 10 for not walking out after this seasons fiasco's. Needs another 10 to alternate with Doucoure, because without we're less than half a side. Find someone for the right wing with a right foot please, cant be that difficult.

Never been a fan and have often been critical but i do believe that we would already be in the championship if we hadn't appointed him. When you consider what he has had to work with in the last 12 months i.e the awful running of the club over the last few years, a mismatched selection of mediocre over priced players, point deductions, a campaign of deliberate terrible decisions against from the PL, PGMOL and VAR, non existent and mostly negative transfer budgets, an owner that doesn't give a toss meaning we basically have no current ownership or executive leadership.

In his 46 games in charge (all competitions) he has come out with W17, L19, D10, GF59, GA69. While them figures don't look particularly good in general, they are very good indeed when you take what he has had to deal with into account.

He is the right Manager for us in these perilous times and i just hope that he manages to get us going on a better run over the next few games and pick some points up so that we don't spend the rest of the season worrying about relegation once again.

Best spell. Straight after the points deduction. Had them at it. Its gone a bit of late. Not just the results but the team look flat.
Waiting to see if the points deduction was just a short momentum boost.

It's only been a year. It's felt like the siege of Leningrad. Gets a 10 for surviving last year, gets another 10 for not walking out after this seasons fiasco's. Needs another 10 to alternate with Doucoure, because without we're less than half a side. Find someone for the right wing with a right foot please, cant be that difficult.
Ok Sean, calm down and focus on the game tonight!

I never wanted him and don't particularly like him/his style, so my knee-jerk reaction is to say he's taken us from 17th to 17th with an improvement in defensive solidity and the occasional glimpse of attacking competency - 6/10

Objectively, though, without the off-field jiggery pokery we'd be lower mid table, which would have me scranning the bum of Graham Potter or the likes, if they'd achieved that with this squad, so soon, so then I'd be thinking more like an 8/10

Then I remember silly antics like getting done at home for the second time by Luton, and dumped out of the cup because of a random formation change, so I'll settle on 7/10

7. I don't think you could reasonably expect much more given the circumstances but last season was much closer to the wire than it shouldve been