January transfer window 2024

This stagnant market will be a big problem for any club, such as us, who need to sell players to keep within the arbitrary budget constraints of PSR; if the 'big clubs' cant spend, we/them cant get money in to balance the books, even if we wanted to. There may be quite a few twitchy nerves around at the moment of lots of clubs are sailing close to the wind. What a mess and shows what happens when you interfere with a market.
Whereas it seems indeed that we may be more impacted by the stagnant market bearing in mind our recent psr charges, I wouldn't be surprised that others might be more impacted than us in the coming season(s)...the only good thing on our side is that we have started tighten up our belt now for the last couple of seasons, and whilst the new stadium cost with the interest rates is a huge problem, if we get our mitigation accepted, then we will be in stronger position that many other PL clubs that are close to the limit but are not building a stadium.

Agree. whilst as present we are not good a lot of the dead wood and bad contracts / salaries have been moved. also got some incoming monies for Gordon , Simms and a couple more youngsters so we must be close to being ok FFP wise . first though we need new owners and quickly !

Was literally saying this earlier to my brother.

The fact nobody else can spend means we can’t even sell to be able to try and comply.

Newcastle have had a go and didn’t spend ridiculous money. I mean they spent a bit but not as much as we did…. They got into the cl group stages and because it looks like they won’t this season, they have to sell.

The financial glass ceiling is working perfectly
They spent a lot more than us...

Be lucky to sign anyone this is the only window I’ve not checked my phone numerous times per day to see if there’s any movement, I don’t even think I’ve looked once a week