January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stagnant market will be a big problem for any club, such as us, who need to sell players to keep within the arbitrary budget constraints of PSR; if the 'big clubs' cant spend, we/them cant get money in to balance the books, even if we wanted to. There may be quite a few twitchy nerves around at the moment of lots of clubs are sailing close to the wind. What a mess and shows what happens when you interfere with a market.

Oh god it’s that time of the transfer window is it.
I`m not sure this squad can cope going the rest of the season without a few more bodies, lack of squad could cost us points and with all the uncertainties about we need to accumulate as many as possible for every eventuality.

I`m not sure this squad can cope going the rest of the season without a few more bodies, lack of squad could cost us points and with all the uncertainties about we need to accumulate as many as possible for every eventuality.

All correct, but every single year at the end of the window we roll out the free agents list and as far as I know we’ve never, ever, ever actually signed one from the list at this time of year. There’s a reason they haven’t had a club for 8 months.

All correct, but every single year at the end of the window we roll out the free agents list and as far as I know we’ve never, ever, ever actually signed one from the list at this time of year. There’s a reason they haven’t had a club for 8 months.

Plus the vast majority of them haven`t played competitive footy for months and would need at least a month to get properly up to speed.

De Gea is the strangest one out of them though.

Even with his massive wages, you`d have thought someone would`ve picked him up, as he`s still got years left in him ( imo )

Plus that lad Man Utd signed to replace him, is nowhere near as good as him.

Plus the vast majority of them haven`t played competitive footy for months and would need at least a month to get properly up to speed.

De Gea is the strangest one out of them.

Even with his massive wages, you`d have thought someone would`ve picked him up, as he`s still got years left in him ( imo )

Plus that lad Man Utd signed to replace him, is nowhere near as good as him.
Yeah weird. Even if he can’t get a mega deal surely he could get one on lower wages with contract clauses if he got a better offer.

This stagnant market will be a big problem for any club, such as us, who need to sell players to keep within the arbitrary budget constraints of PSR; if the 'big clubs' cant spend, we/them cant get money in to balance the books, even if we wanted to. There may be quite a few twitchy nerves around at the moment of lots of clubs are sailing close to the wind. What a mess and shows what happens when you interfere with a market.
Was literally saying this earlier to my brother.

The fact nobody else can spend means we can’t even sell to be able to try and comply.

Newcastle have had a go and didn’t spend ridiculous money. I mean they spent a bit but not as much as we did…. They got into the cl group stages and because it looks like they won’t this season, they have to sell.

The financial glass ceiling is working perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.