6 + 2 Point Deductions

We stayed up on 36 last year, to match that IF we get a 20 point deduction (assuming 36 would keep us up, which it should considering the quality difference between the bottom 3 of this year and last year) means we need a 56 point season.

We've earned 27 points so far so in that scenario we'd need to get 29 more from a possible 51. If we assume the promoted teams won't clear 30 points, then we need around 24 more points. 8 wins from 17 games, or any combination including draws If we do that, and the promoted lot finish on 30 or less then we'll be safe even if we finish the season waiting on an appeal judgement.

to follow that up
18 points from the last 17 last season

20 points from the last 17 the season before

It'll be tight, but it is doable especially if its only in the 20-24 region we end up needing. especially as we're better this year. The return games against Luton, Burnley and Sheffield United (and potentially Forest) are HUGE
Spot on

I will be cheering on the lads tomorrow and hoping we win.

While I appreciate the arguments around us not needing extra games because of our league situation... winning begets winning.

I am in awe of these players of ours. And our manager.

Most teams would have simply folded after a 10 points deduction, but we have gone from strength to strength. Even when we lose you know the lads have put in a hell of a shift.

We WILL stay up.

UTFT

While I appreciate the arguments around us not needing extra games because of our league situation... winning begets winning.

Most teams would have simply folded after a 10 points deduction, but we have gone from strength to strength. Even when we lose you know the lads have put in a hell of a shift.

We WILL stay up.

UTFT
What a refreshing post. :)

We WILL stay up.

UTFT
Nice 👌 but we play Sat

£500million?

Since 2019 we have the second lowest net spend in the league.

Meanwhile Chelsea spent a billion quid last year
Spent. That is the media narrative.

“Mosh SPENT half a billion on crap.” Your average Fulham fan hasn’t worked out our net spend or what the book value of Player X was based on the unamortised portion of his contract value.

Perversely you can have a better short term PSR by spending properly. Selling a player for £20m profit and spending £20m on a replacement is a massive PSR positive (not going over all the amortisation stuff). Sadly we bought crap, sold for a loss, bought more crap and then didn’t sell at all.

From the outside, fed by the media and having not read the IC report, most fans think we deserve what we get.

We WILL stay up.

UTFT
Day after lad.

But obviously I agree with all your other points.

We WILL stay up and it will go down as one of the great achievements in football history.