January transfer window 2024

…a giant winger with 3 goals in 45 games. I suppose it’s risk free and he might offer more than Danjuma;

The lad's meant to have something about him. If it's a loan to be a 4th option on the wings, I'm all for it as he would offer more at the moment than Dobbin and our wing play is really poor anyway. However, if it is to replace Danjuma, then he isn't as good as Danjuma at the moment (and it's not like he's been amazing for us) so it will decrease the quality of the squad.

To get a good Saudi price for a player the wrong side of 30 who will be in the last year of his contract next season is a no brainer, BUT this is arguably one of our most important players at a critical time of the season i.e. the run in.

I`d only consider letting Doucs go for a decent fee which would allow us to replace him, if they have someone on their scouting list, and also strengthen one other position. I think this team would benefit from a bit of quality, a technical player that can pass and score the amount Doucs does would be an upgrade and may also unlock the strikers goal scoring potential.

I don’t know how I feel about this.

What price would people go ‘yeah fair enough’?

£50m? £60m?
I`d even say £40m might be acceptable when you think he is in the top bracket of earners c£100k with £40m+ in the bank to spend, also over £10m profit on the player and we`ve pretty much had the best of him in his career. Could buy 2 younger players still bank some money and still save on wages.

Again I`d only let go if we had replacements...