The Shamed; We should never forget or forgive.

To me this debacle falls firmly at the feet of Moshiri. My impression is that he is a micro manager who is unable to realize when he doesn't have the required level of expertise or judgement to be involved. His hands are over every single bad decision this club has made since he took over.

It was very early on in Moshiri's reign when it was obvious to some that we were on the wrong track. The transfer policy was shambolic and seemed to lack any sort of direction. When this was pointed out, people would defend him by saying "well he's a billionaire, he must understand business", not realizing that he became a billionaire by doing business with totally corrupt regimes. The only reason for his success was his ability to boot lick and stay silent - something he expected of those at Everton around him.

I'm not particularly looking forward to a future under 777 Partners either. I don't think their track record speaks of success, nor does it of high moral ground. Truly sad to see the state of the club. To me this is 100% down to Moshiri.
Got to agree with this.

Not necessarily hindsight either. Don’t post on here much but was saying similar to the above years ago.

Moshiri, as owner, is fully responsible for what happens. He signs off on appointments at all levels of the club, including the strategy on a footballing and business side of things.

It’s been a catalogue of misguided decisions on a financial, sporting and strategic side of things that has dig the club into a very big hole.

We may have fair grievances about the way the football authorities are making an example of Everton. I called it a vendetta on here the other day. But Moshiri, and his poor decision making, put the club in the position to be targeted.

Not really sure how it’s resolved either. 777 looks like out of the frying pan and into the fire type territory.

The thread author has harvest 96 likes from his thirst two posts thus far pals. Note the need for a second post to double up on the harvest.

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

work.jpg

I may be in the minority but I still see Bill as one who was blue as they come and had the best interests of the club at heart.

With regards to the current failings it is a disaster how its turned out but I do think the mitigating circumstances are valid. I think perhaps the oversight was in that there was no contingency plan and secondly that the club took too much of a risk by being on the brink and not considering the possibility of unforeseen circumstances.

The premier league also must consider that for a team to grow in their product. That team has to really push the boundaries of the spending limits and we are seeing a similar case now with newcastle. The 105 million losses permitted is no longer fit for purpose nearly 10 years since its inception. I would like to think that an element of common sense will prevail in the appeal and at the very least half the points are returned and a much more lenient approach is taken with regards to the second charge.

Got to agree with this.

Not necessarily hindsight either. Don’t post on here much but was saying similar to the above years ago.

Moshiri, as owner, is fully responsible for what happens. He signs off on appointments at all levels of the club, including the strategy on a footballing and business side of things.

It’s been a catalogue of misguided decisions on a financial, sporting and strategic side of things that has dig the club into a very big hole.

We may have fair grievances about the way the football authorities are making an example of Everton. I called it a vendetta on here the other day. But Moshiri, and his poor decision making, put the club in the position to be targeted.

Not really sure how it’s resolved either. 777 looks like out of the frying pan and into the fire type territory.

So the ex Chairman and board get a free pass mate ? Just no, they are all culpable.

As Finance Director, Grant has been responsible for all financial aspects of the Club, including the regular communication of financial performance to the Board, driving the profitability of the Club, overseeing all banking and funding arrangements, managing the Club’s cash-flow position, supporting and maintaining governance structures that ensure the financial assets of the Club are protected, and ensuring that the Club complies with all statutory regulations

View attachment 242210
Totally amazed this fraud has gone under the radar.