January transfer window 2024

Mate, can you not post rumours that are clearly made up rubbish.

Please.
The majority of what gets posted in here will be just that... I bet 200 different rumours will be posted by the end of January and we won`t sign 1...

Just take each one with a pinch of salt unless from respected sources.

Happy new year blues. I wish you all happiness, health and wealth! Here’s to some positive results and a sustained upturn in performances in 2024.

Here’s the transfer and some general roundup for the 1st Jan 2024!

Director of football Kevin Thelwell intimated that it will be a quiet month, stating Everton’s transfer business will be “low-key”. Speaking to the club’s official website (27 December), he said: “Please, don’t be drawn in by the inevitable daily churn of social media rumour and conjecture – as enticing as I know such chat can be. This is likely to be a low-key transfer window for Everton.”

One rumour that did seem to make some sense, though, was Everton’s links to young Wigan Athletic goalkeeper Sam Tickle, who has established himself as first choice this season.

An update from Alan Nixon (31 December) suggests Everton might have to act quickly. Writing on his Patreon in quotes reported by Football League World, Nixon commented: “Wigan hope to tie down top young keeper Sam Tickle to a new contract- despite his fan club growing.

Paul Brown has offered his verdict on whether Kalvin Phillips could make the switch to Everton in January, admitting the timing of the move “doesn’t feel amazing”.

The Toffees are reportedly one of the teams interested in signing the England international during the January transfer window, but face competition from Newcastle United, Juventus and Crystal Palace, according to The Telegraph [27 December].

As quoted by Give Me Sport (31 December) he said: “Yeah, I’ve always kind of said that I’d love to see Kalvin Phillips play at Everton. I think he would have been ideal for the club and fit right in with the way they are trying to play.

One player who seems almost certain to depart the Toffees is Arnaut Danjuma and the Dutchman could well have played his final game in an Everton shirt on Saturday (30 December) when he was introduced from the bench against Wolves.

Reports in Spain have emerged suggesting that Villarreal have already held serious conversations with the striker over a potential loan recall in January, as they believe that he would offer the ready-made solution to their current winger problem.

Everton striker Youssef Chermiti could depart Goodison Park on loan as part of a triple exit in the January transfer window, according to the Sunday People.

The newspaper reported in its print edition (31 December, page 50) that the Portuguese youngster could be one of three players to leave Sean Dyche’s side in the new year, with a loan switch away from Merseyside touted.

In addition, both Arnaut Danjuma and Ben Godfrey have been touted with potential moves in January. Both players have played bit part roles under Dyche this season and could depart Goodison Park in search of more regular first team football.

Dele Alli’s Everton comeback bid has been dealt a fresh blow. The playmaker was preparing to return to action next month for the first time in a year after being sidelined since February with a long-term groin issue.

“Unfortunately the year isn’t ending as I would have hoped,” Alli wrote on Instagram.

“I had been close to returning to full training but frustratingly I’ve had another setback with my injury.

“I’ll be out again for short while but my outlook and mentality is nothing but positive.

“I’ll be attacking my physiotherapy and giving it everything to be back on the pitch as soon as possible.”

Everton are keeping close tabs on Alex Robertson, the Manchester City prospect who has excelled at Portsmouth on loan this season.

According to Portsmouth News, Everton are closely monitoring Alex Robertson’s situation at Portsmouth and could make a move for the 20-year-old Manchester City prospect. The attacking midfielder has taken considerable strides in his development, which could prompt interest from the Toffees ahead of January.

Everton are unlikely to sign Leicester City attacker Kasey McAteer in the January transfer window. That's according to a report from The Daily Mail (31/12, p34), who say that the Toffees will be dictated by their budget when it comes to the business they do next month.

According to previous reports from Football Transfers, Everton are plotting a move to sign the 22-year-old in the January transfer window. Now however, it seems as though it is far from certain that such a deal will happen once the window reopens at the turn of the year.​
Really hope we get that Sam Tickle in. I'm a big fan of the Mr Men, we could have Mr Tickle & Mr Bump (Keane) together at last. Plus I hear his mother's name is Tess.

The majority of what gets posted in here will be just that... I bet 200 different rumours will be posted by the end of January and we won`t sign 1...

Just take each one with a pinch of salt unless from respected sources.
Theres a massive difference between rumours and made up stories posted by trolls and blaggers.

Still think full backs /out wide we need to strengthen so Alfie Doughty and Kyle walker- peters please, one or both would be great additions and think both are gettable