Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have done OK out of signing British prospects in recent years. Stones,DCL, even Patterson I hope. There are still the ones that never stepped up, I suppose it is the same for all teams. Like you said, we need more of these signings Onana and Patterson show we look to be trying to identify younger prospects than the previous disasterous few years signings.
I think Thelwell has us pointed in the right direction. People forget that good DoFs at big clubs brick a third of the time, wielding all that money. I would take Thelwell's hit rate so far, and ignore the slings and arrows.

I think his(keane) contract runs until the 2025 so there is no need to offer him a new contract, his book value is about 5m so if we can sell for anything over that it doesn't effect the budget for buying players.
Keep Branthwaite and sell Keene all day long

hopefully west ham come in again for him

Why do I keep reading that we have named our price for him. He shouldn't be for sale. He should be given an opportunity to see if he can make the step up to the Prem full time. I think he can/will. These types of players should be the ones we are looking for going forward.

Why do I keep reading that we have named our price for him. He shouldn't be for sale. He should be given an opportunity to see if he can make the step up to the Prem full time. I think he can/will. These types of players should be the ones we are looking for going forward.
Would assume that if we did consider selling him it would be because he was bought for a small fee (~£1m), so any sale would help with the profit and sustainability/FFP issues.

I think Thelwell has us pointed in the right direction. People forget that good DoFs at big clubs brick a third of the time, wielding all that money. I would take Thelwell's hit rate so far, and ignore the slings and arrows.
The structure and appointments made this season have been largely ignored by those focusing on singular transfers. Would be foolish to throw him out now and start again imo

Status
Not open for further replies.