Toxic rival fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see any points deduction at all.

A transfer embargo of one window is possible though, Chelsea got one a few summers back so not like it would be unprecedented.

f all will happen mate imagine no transfer window we’d be fd
Transfer ban would be horrific. Don't think we've got a good youth set up to compensate either.

I can't see any points deduction at all.

A transfer embargo of one window is possible though, Chelsea got one a few summers back so not like it would be unprecedented.

If we are found guilty, I think there will be some sort of punishment to discourage both us and other clubs from breaking the rules. I think there will be a transfer embargo (hopefully a January window) and a suspended points deduction that would only be implemented should the rules be broken again.

I’m not sure that we would even appeal a January transfer embargo. Not dealing during January has often been a transfer strategy / necessity at Everton.

I remember the last game of the 97/98 season we (CFC) played v Bolton. I think it was maybe between Everton and Bolton for the drop and the overriding sentiment amongst our crowd was a preference for Everton to go down, so much so that there was raucous booing when Jody Morris made it 2-0 near the end when they were pressing for an equaliser. You’re the bigger club so it was as simple as that, rather than any deep rooted enmity towards EFC…
think Vialli scored the 1st because Goodison was singing him name v Coventry.

If we are found guilty, I think there will be some sort of punishment to discourage both us and other clubs from breaking the rules. I think there will be a transfer embargo (hopefully a January window) and a suspended points deduction that would only be implemented should the rules be broken again.

I’m not sure that we would even appeal a January transfer embargo. Not dealing during January has often been a transfer strategy / necessity at Everton.

We need to start making signings now, so that if we do get a transfer embargo, our business is already done and doesn't affect us as much as it may do.

We need to start making signings now, so that if we do get a transfer embargo, our business is already done and doesn't affect us as much as it may do.
You expect Thelwell to be thinking ahead like that? He’ll get around to it sometime in mid August

Maybe but we get behind them like 5 times a season
True.

Our fans have deserved the criticism that they have received this season.

But on Sunday our fans were magnificent and helped keep this Grand Old Team in the top division. We really were the 12th man. I just wish we were like that most games - we'd finish top 4!!!

IMG_6448.jpeg

I remember the last game of the 97/98 season we (CFC) played v Bolton. I think it was maybe between Everton and Bolton for the drop and the overriding sentiment amongst our crowd was a preference for Everton to go down, so much so that there was raucous booing when Jody Morris made it 2-0 near the end when they were pressing for an equaliser. You’re the bigger club so it was as simple as that, rather than any deep rooted enmity towards EFC…
Yea, think this sums it up.
Only 6 clubs haven't been relegated in the PL era. Any of them find themselves in trouble, all the other teams fans will want them to go down because, well, it's fun, maybe not fun, but healthy competition.

Yea, think this sums it up.
Only 6 clubs haven't been relegated in the PL era. Any of them find themselves in trouble, all the other teams fans will want them to go down because, well, it's fun, maybe not fun, but healthy competition.

Prior to the final game, I was talking with some Leicester, Utd, Forest and Newcastle fans in the pub. I happened to mention that in my lifetime I have only seen two clubs, Everton and Arsenal not suffer relegation. Every other club having been relegated at least once…

True.

Our fans have deserved the criticism that they have received this season.

But on Sunday our fans were magnificent and helped keep this Grand Old Team in the top division. We really were the 12th man. I just wish we were like that most games - we'd finish top 4!!!

View attachment 212180
Top four with the squad we had last season and the season before? We are not thick we cheer what we see, and too many performances and performers where a very long way from awe inspiring, when we see them having a go we get behind them, when we see they are not good enough and are not able to use the managers plans or the managers plans are useless we know the score and just watch

Two examples: When we played Aston Villa after Benitez was sacked, Duncan Ferguson took over the reigns, we cheered loud from 30 minutes before the game and for 30 minutes after the game started then the cheers trickled away, we knew they were not good enough: This season Sean Dyche was in charge and the cheering began and we stayed cheering and applauded the players off even though we lost 0-2, but most of the crowd agreed we were unlucky to lose and gave enough to have won the game.
Same last season when the crowd definitely kept us up with their backing game after game when it was vital we stayed up, we rallied from January after Dyche was appointed, after all look lost with Lampard in charge, to get the team worked up along with Dyche getting the team to look fitter and more motivated and no crowd of fans could have done better, cheered louder, or got behind the team and OUR club to keep them we were think they belong, but I really think the players are the ones who have to provide some inspiration in their ability, attitude and aptitude to get the backing, as I said earlier we are not bleedin’ blind or thick to what we see what is put in front of us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.