When do we boycott?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the accounts this evening has left me even more dejected regarding the future of this once great club.

At what point do marches etc in the form of protest turn into boycotting the club?

When does the club cross the line to the extent that going to the match compromises ones principles?

Boycotting is too divisive.

What we should be doing is generating a relentlessly hostile environment for the board. Attack the public reputations and business interests of the charlatans. Leave them no choice but to walk away.

The Kopite behaviour barb being thrown at you is way off beam though. Fighting back isn't kopite behaviour. It's the only rational response of people who genuinely love this institution and want to save it from the abyss it is being steered towards. It's the behaviour that ultimately wrenched LFC out of the hands of owners who had them inches from meltdown and instigated their revival. I know we like to position ourselves in opposition to everything they stand for but bloody hell we don't half shoot ourselves in the foot sometimes doing so.

They aren’t going anywhere mate and the owner isn’t going to get rid of them. We’re dead in the water. The fact we lost £45m after selling richarlison and signing no one in January is unbelievable. That would have been the 4th year of losing 100m plus without that sale.

The protests are great and must continue, they won’t lead to anything though. They aren’t even around to see them and the press couldn’t give one. The only way BK leaves us is when he’s in a box.

Sad thing is even if we survive this year, what are we looking at for next year? A points deduction? Transfer embargo? A huge fine we can’t afford? It will be the miracle of all miracles if this club is still in the PL in the next 2 years. They’ve destroyed us mate, and without some oil state buying us out I don’t see how things change in the immediate future.
Agreed and what scares me most is that even after selling Gordon and Kean it looks like this years finances will be the same huge losses unless we sell Pickford or Onana before July 1.

Reading the accounts this evening has left me even more dejected regarding the future of this once great club.

At what point do marches etc in the form of protest turn into boycotting the club?

When does the club cross the line to the extent that going to the match compromises ones principles?
What exactly would this achieve? The board are already AWOL/in denial, the PL has us by the curlys plus staring relegation in the face and potentially an unfinished stadium. I honestly don't know what boycotting would achieve that makes anything better.

Personally I would find other interests and grit ones teeth while this debacle plays out in public to relieve some of the justified anger we feel.

I think it's time to pray we stay up and find new ownership/investment quick. Oh and flutter our eyelids at the independent commission. Dark times indeed, guess just getting behind the team is our only real influence right now. Vent the anger once we have had all our cards dealt to us.

Anyone who turns their back on the club during the bad times dont deserve to bask in the good times its literally the definition of a glory hunter.

I guarantee the same boycotters would be gagging for a ticket if the following season we did a Leicester and were riding high.

Wrongun's mate.
'Dont deserve', I have that as the 23rd vernacular attempt in your prose you absolute beansprout.
Also 'wrongun's', irony alert.

1681587935266.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.