When do we boycott?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a season ticketer mate. They've had all my money already.

Enjoy a great life generally but ultimately the protests of marching before hand seemingly aren't making a blind bit of difference.
This is Britain mate. Quiet protest is all we can do. If you protest in a way that can make a difference they'll arrest you. The government and institutions like football clubs know that they can ignore dissent so long as were really distracted by eastenders actors arguing or reality tv stars eating cockroaches. We're a broken club in a dysfunctional nation.

Beer to make you comfortably numb is the only solution. Unless you want to take up pitchforks against the army you earn to pay taxes to fund.

Also, we have 32000 ST holders, unfortunately a boycott wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference.

I get that.
But their seems to be a lot of people pinning hope on us getting safe and ultimately these marches leading to something.

The annual report tonight just says to me the BoD have absolutely zero intention of going anywhere.

What kind of CEO, Chairman and FD, who all hold board positions I might add, preside over five years of losses, a breach of financial regulations, a declining performance on the pitch and remain in the job.

This is Britain mate. Quiet protest is all we can do. If you protest in a way that can make a difference they'll arrest you. The government and institutions like football clubs know that they can ignore dissent so long as were really distracted by eastenders actors arguing or reality tv stars eating cockroaches. We're a broken club in a dysfunctional nation.

Beer to make you comfortably numb is the only solution. Unless you want to take up pitchforks against the army you earn to pay taxes to fund.

I've seen clubs in the lower leagues boycott their club. Look at Blackpool.

They boycotted for a period of time as the protests etc did nothing.

I get that.
But their seems to be a lot of people pinning hope on us getting safe and ultimately these marches leading to something.

The annual report tonight just says to me the BoD have absolutely zero intention of going anywhere.

What kind of CEO, Chairman and FD, who all hold board positions I might add, preside over five years of losses, a breach of financial regulations, a declining performance on the pitch and remain in the job.
They aren’t going anywhere mate and the owner isn’t going to get rid of them. We’re dead in the water. The fact we lost £45m after selling richarlison and signing no one in January is unbelievable. That would have been the 4th year of losing 100m plus without that sale.

The protests are great and must continue, they won’t lead to anything though. They aren’t even around to see them and the press couldn’t give one. The only way BK leaves us is when he’s in a box.

Sad thing is even if we survive this year, what are we looking at for next year? A points deduction? Transfer embargo? A huge fine we can’t afford? It will be the miracle of all miracles if this club is still in the PL in the next 2 years. They’ve destroyed us mate, and without some oil state buying us out I don’t see how things change in the immediate future.

At what point do marches etc in the form of protest turn into boycotting the club?
oh-f-off.gif

Reading the accounts this evening has left me even more dejected regarding the future of this once great club.

At what point do marches etc in the form of protest turn into boycotting the club?

When does the club cross the line to the extent that going to the match compromises ones principles?
Don't give up on the rallies/marches effecting change just yet sir, whatever vibe you get from today's statement from 'Chairman Mao Bill'.

There's a decent chance we'll see some changes this summer. We can't start next season like the last two and Moshiri knows it.

Keep the faith.

Saying kopite behaviour is the biggest sign of a deviant. You reckon our mates across the park would have let this board last more than 6 months? I’ll give them that, they wouldn’t have it. Beaut.

Anyone who turns their back on the club during the bad times dont deserve to bask in the good times its literally the definition of a glory hunter.

I guarantee the same boycotters would be gagging for a ticket if the following season we did a Leicester and were riding high.

Wrongun's mate.

Anyone who turns their back on the club during the bad times dont deserve to bask in the good times its literally the definition of a glory hunter.

I guarantee the same boycotters would be gagging for a ticket if the following season we did a Leicester and were riding high.

Wrongun's mate.
Who on earth would call any Evertonian a glory hunter? How is it “kopite behaviour”? They chased the cowboy owners they had and have put FSG in their box on more than one occasion.

People who felt the need to boycott would do it because we are being taken for mugs mate, and make no mistake that’s exactly what’s happening. We haven’t been close to winning anything for 15 years. And as I’ve said, we have 32000 season ticket holders, them people most likely already have season tickets and the club already have their money, but what else can they do? Just blindly supporting a regime that is killing the club, has auditors saying we are completely dependent on one man not pulling the plug, is idiotic. But we have the club we deserve. Too many fans willing to shout ‘kopite behaviour’ when other fans want to improve the clubs lot. You keep clapping that screen mate.

At the end of the season, when we've survived yet another flirtation with relegation, it will only be because of the the supporters carrying our team over the line: our long suffering supporters, the '12th man'. Not the Board. Go and shout and lose your voices. Shout for those of use who cannot get to Goodison.

Who on earth would call any Evertonian a glory hunter? How is it “kopite behaviour”? They chased the cowboy owners they had and have put FSG in their box on more than one occasion.

People who felt the need to boycott would do it because we are being taken for mugs mate, and make no mistake that’s exactly what’s happening. We haven’t been close to winning anything for 15 years. And as I’ve said, we have 32000 season ticket holders, them people most likely already have season tickets and the club already have their money, but what else can they do? Just blindly supporting a regime that is killing the club, has auditors saying we are completely dependent on one man not pulling the plug, is idiotic. But we have the club we deserve. Too many fans willing to shout ‘kopite behaviour’ when other fans want to improve the clubs lot. You keep clapping that screen mate.

Essentially this.

The club do not give one iota about us fans. If they did they wouldn't do a quarter of the actions they do.

These marches etc are great and have united the fanbase but eventually a feeling of what next will arise.

Put it this way. If we start the season with this BoD and their is nothing to suggest we don't as of now, then what do you do.

In any other walk of life you'd have left long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.