New Everton Stadium Discussion

8C581AF7-09EC-4CB1-8399-BE3689E6A579.jpeg
3EDC849D-A8E9-4ABF-8B2D-235BC1F0EC62.jpeg
26D0F323-041F-47D4-8DAD-95980EAE0DE4.jpeg

Apologies, I don't really do hype or exaggeration. I also didn't start this line of discussion.

Not plain weird at all, just plain facts and figures. Feel free to correct them.

People are quoting the maximum height of our stadium roof as a size comparison to much larger stands elsewhere. While not recognising that the leading edge of our roof is significantly upturned and elevated far above the top rows of each stand. The stadium sizist equivalent of "stuffing socks down yer kecks".

The new stands at Anfield are 93 and 84 rows deep and therefore quite significantly larger in capacity than any side or end stand at BMD. The current Kop is much shallower than our new south stand and looks smaller but infact is actually 16 rows deeper than our new home end (76 compared to 60rows). It is almost 30yrs old and inferior to our new end stand in most respects except weather protection and perhaps acoustics, (much larger acoustic catchment due to roof geometry and proximity). The cranked and closed corners may help the south stand in that respect. However at 60 rows, it is smaller than many end stands in the country and not really the super home-end originally promised (in the original design). Of course safe-standing may yet help on that score.
You are negative.

You mention that the South stand is “only 20 rows deeper than the Park End”

Instead of putting it like that, why not say it is over double the capacity of the Park End? With the potential to eventually hold not far off 3 times as many people as the Park End?

Doesn’t that sound much better and impressive than your constant negative outlook?

Anybody comparing Liverpool and Everton stadia should realise that Liverpool have been winning trophies for fun for the past 30 years whereas we have had a handful of relegation fights, won one solemn cup 23 years ago, and had a best finish of 4th since the Premier League started - and still typically failed to get into the CL group.

Liverpool have fans in every single country and probably can count half of Asia as being Liverpool supporters.

They've been able to bully and force local residents out of their family homes to continually increase their ground size.

They are a money machine of a club and that won't change and didn't change in the periods without big success.

We are not. We are crap and thus shouldn't feel entitled to have a bigger or better ground than them.

Ours will be newer, more modern and be in the best location in the city. I wouldn't swap a smaller BMD location ground with Anfield in a million years.

Hi 23 lifts and 11 escalators are being installed
Doesn't seem a huge number. There again, depends on the size of the lift cars and width of the escalators. I'm sure someone on here will point out that we really should have refurbished the old ones and how Man United/Liverpool etc have better ones, in any case.

Doesn't seem a huge number. There again, depends on the size of the lift cars and width of the escalators. I'm sure someone on here will point out that we really should have refurbished the old ones and how Man United/Liverpool etc have better ones, in any case.

11 seems a lot to me?

Two tiers , at least 3 in each stand?

I don't understand why the lifts stop at the top floor, no ambition these clowns, they should go higher.

I dont think anyone is saying it should be as big capacity as Liverpool. My issue is we was sold a blue wall originally and now its a bit of a let down and looks to have 2 tiers instead of 1. (Even tho its still classed as 1). Ive been past the site a number of times and the south stand wont be intimidating as Spurs or Dortmund like we was promised.

11 seems a lot to me?

Two tiers , at least 3 in each stand?
I suppose I'm thinking of individual escalators whereas it might mean 11 escalator staircases, if you know what I mean. Just thinking out loud here but, If you count individual escalators in the Top Balcony there are how many? Is it 4? So 11 for the whole stadium doesn't seem like that many.

Regards the lifts, I suppose they'll be like the ones you see at the likes of James Street station? At least that big. How big can a lift be? Where's Roy Castle when you need him?