2022/23 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
He plays with high intensity and it's usually round the adductor muscle.

He barely plays at all Dave so no one really gets to see that high intensity. That's an injury record that Yerry Mina would be proud of!!

He barely plays at all Dave so no one really gets to see that high intensity. That's an injury record that Yerry Mina would be proud of!!
Lately he's out of favour.

I think he needs to adapt his game to avoid more injury.

Yes, he has had injuries, but look at his PL appearances at Arsenal:

2020/21 27 appearances
2021/22 22 appearances
2022/23 11 appearances

...and top teams rotate more.

Mykolenko is ok for now. Ideally if we could get Tierney in next summer I'd do that. He's out of favour at Arsenal and we could do with more attacking play down that side.

It's fair to say we we're used to that with Baines then Digne.
Gets MoTM and in the team of the week, but no, still only ok.

We are a different team to the one from Baines and Digne. Embrace it.

Even Pistone scored a worldie once, its not the norm

He's played 180 odd high level games and has got 9 goals and 23 assists, not a bad return for a defender. So to say he brings zero going forward is unjust.

Can he improve and do more? Of course and he should because statistically it hasn't been great this year, new country/league is going to take time to find his feet but we also don't know what his instructions from Frank are and if we aren't playing on the front foot then it's hard for a naturally defensive player to shine if we as a team are limited.

All I can say is with my own eyes he has not hidden in attack and has been effective in supporting, pulling defenders out which creates more space for others in the middle.

Decent defensive performance but offers zero going forward. Vinagre must be truly awful to not get a run out
Decent should be replaced by Brilliant...some of the posters on here love to highlight the negative and downplay the positive... pretty sure if he was good going forward and a poor defender you would be moaning about that...only the top two or three clubs in the PL have players that are good at both...

Decent should be replaced by Brilliant...some of the posters on here love to highlight the negative and downplay the positive... pretty sure if he was good going forward and a poor defender you would be moaning about that...only the top two or three clubs in the PL have players that are good at both...

I would never describe such an average player like Myko as brilliant. It was decent

Status
Not open for further replies.