2022/23 Idrissa Gana Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s just me, but I haven’t seen anything in Garner yet that warrants him starting over Gueye

Agree. If anything, I think Garner would replace Onana to give the young lad a rest. I know Tarkowski and Coady rightly have had most of the plaudits for our improved defensive record this season, But Idrissa is so clever with his positioning for interceptions that a lot of his best work goes unnoticed. Just wish he was better with the ball at his feet, but you can't have everything

Gana's been ok to good, we need to give Garner a bit more time on the pitch now, to see what he can add when he gets more than 15 minutes off the bench. Gana is a known quantity, but, he won't go on for ever, we need to find out what Garner has to offer.

He's been caught on the ball a few times this season , but the position he plays the same things happen in most other teams.
When he has been caught there's definitely no out ball for him , the 2 wide men are not showing for the ball as they should do.
Every game he's had for us this season he's been a regular 7/10 performer , that's way better than we've had these past years.

Gana is the least of our problems. Made a couple mistakes that we've been punished for - if we don't concede on those no one even talks about them

For me, he was a perfect signing b/c we needed a stop gap there - he won't go on forever but he can probably play at this level for two seasons. Ideally he's keeping the seat warm for our younger midfielders and teaching them in the process.

Trying to play from the back with Gana as pivot is plain stupid. Manager should see it and never allow this to happen. I blame Lampard.

Way too causal and loose on the ball for a player of his ability, we’ve not conceded many goals this season in fairness but I feel like I remember at least 2 or 3 that he directly lazily gave the ball away for, almost happened numerous times again tonight.

Great player to dispossess the opposition, awful player to build things through. It’s as simple as that really.

Status
Not open for further replies.