2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely forget Bowen existed. I think it'll be pretty close to that line up. Toney offers a similar style been more consistent and available than Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Not sure Sancho will go, but he can fill across the front 3 I suppose.

Personally can't see Dominic Calvert-Lewin being taken.
Got to be too late for Dom to make it. Only 4 more games until the World Cup. And with his recent injury issues it’s too big a risk. Good thing for us though.

It will likely be Toney or Abraham as back up for Kane and then a bunch of wide players. Maybe Rashford too I guess

Didn't look right to me that so I had a look that's not true.

Pl minutes 10974 ( 182.9hrs ) and 46 goals, so that's a goal every 3.976 games, so basically 1 in 4

Over a 38 game season that's 9.5 goals, wouldn't say slotter based on that.

He was young and sometimes played out of position tbf so not really a fair comparison.

We are deffo a better team with him in fully fit though

Maybe my GCSE maths from 30 years ago is letting me down here, but 10,974 divided by 46, is 238????

Is that not how you work out his mins per goal average?

Maybe my GCSE maths from 30 years ago is letting me down here, but 10,974 divided by 46, is 238????

Is that not how you work out his mins per goal average?

You're right.

Technically he's played ~122 games in the PL with 46 goals which is less than a 1-in-3 average. Strong numbers considering lots of those early minutes were stuck out on the wing as a 20-year old.

And I totally agree.

But thats not based on talent, its based on his injury record for the last 12months and the other players on the list have done more.

I would be pretty peeved if I was Ivan Toney and Dom went ahead of me.

Its a shame, but its how it is.
It's not a shame. Sod this oil and blood soaked winter farce. Let Dom go to Australia for a fresh pre-season and come back firing for us. Not pulling quads in the desert.

Great score on the weekend. If he could score a goal a game until the end of the season…Everton legend.
I’d be satisfied with double figures, though.

Dom won’t be going to the World Cup there’s no way he is ready……they should be picking Ivan Toney or someone if they need another striker
Yeah, they should, but it doesn't matter realistically - no one is playing more than 5 min unless Kane is injured anyway, much like last time.

DCL (or anyone else) going fit or not doesn't matter - he'll get a good rest in a hotel watching the WC from the bench, who's arsed ffs.

One of the best things I like about DCL is what we see about his attitude. He seems to really be super focused and ambitious and he's got old-fashioned respect for the team and his coaches. Really hope he does well for us ! The other funny thing is that his finishes for his goals are often scrappy but just go in. The tackle, movement, the final touch and go for the goal were brililant and then the actual finish was a pea-shooter! lol love it. room for improvement there, but so hope that he is still with us scoring goals when we're in the new stadium.

(and I wish i could keep the abbreviation and not autocorrect to the full name)

Status
Not open for further replies.