New Everton Stadium Discussion

of course all of this talk of him selling will be moot if he was never in it to make a profile anyway. If he was in it because he wanted the kudos of owning a premier league team and he has/d the pocket money to splaff out on it. He'll listen to potential investors/buyers but there may be no need to sell. Lets face it, none of us on here have the slightest clue about him, his cash reserves or his motives.

Why? If an incoming bid gets a lot nearer to his valuation of the club what would persuade him to remain?
Vanity I think. It's the one thing he can potentially point to as being fully and successfully delivered during his ownership, against the backdrop of almighty incompetence elsewhere. I'm sure he'll have to concede the ribbon-cutting to Kenwright, but I just don't think he'll depart as owner before that time. Selling a minority stake allows for the completion of the stadium but I just don't see him going further than that unless his hand is forced.

Vanity I think. It's the one thing he can potentially point to as being fully and successfully delivered during his ownership, against the backdrop of almighty incompetence elsewhere. I'm sure he'll have to concede the ribbon-cutting to Kenwright, but I just don't think he'll depart as owner before that time. Selling a minority stake allows for the completion of the stadium but I just don't see him going further than that unless his hand is forced.
He came here to speculate and make money. The stadium was the vehicle for that. What does he care if the profit comes before the stadium completion?

He has no status here. He's a joke. It's not like he'll get any credit whatsoever.

Bottom line is he's a hard nosed businessman.

I should imagine it's all a bit like selling a house.... half-built generally gets a better return than selling a "plot" only and selling when completed is better than selling when only half-built. Of course that's also dependent on having the readies, how the costs are rising and if the reality of the stadium matches its projected business case.

I think the yanks (and others) are still working on the premise that the value of the Premier league (and the clubs in it) is nowhere near maxxed out yet. Of course this is less of an issue for the oil state types.

Another possibility is that Moshiri pays for the stadium himself and rents the stadium to EFC for several millions per year (linked to inflation/performance on the pitch etc) for 999 years or whatever. He has an asset which will make him money for ever which he could also sell on if he wanted. EFC have a great new stadium which (despite the rent) earns them far more money than they could ever have dreamed of at GP. Moshiri sells EFC as a football club to A N Other.

Another possibility is that Moshiri pays for the stadium himself and rents the stadium to EFC for several millions per year (linked to inflation/performance on the pitch etc) for 999 years or whatever. He has an asset which will make him money for ever which he could also sell on if he wanted. EFC have a great new stadium which (despite the rent) earns them far more money than they could ever have dreamed of at GP. Moshiri sells EFC as a football club to A N Other.

How much will matchday income increase by? What could we have dreamed of at GP?

I have no idea about whether there's anything in a potential sale, but the one thing that can't be denied is that now is a very good time for the Americans or Arabs (currencies tied to the dollar) to buy a premier league team.