New Everton Stadium Discussion

If this project was going to be halted it should have happened long before now imo.

Tens of millions have been spent already and are continuing every week.

I think the point of no return has long since been passed.

When Usmanov was sanctioned I would have thought was an important moment as it could be said it was his money financing the project.

The Bootle End was designed to accomodate the lack of depth available due to the requirement to make the City End the size we/they wanted. If/when the water treatment works is moved or the site is downsized I cant see that stand being made bigger.

The SA had a spin through the site a month or two back and were told any increase in capacity will be in the West and East stands.
If that is so, then the concrete structure and foundations being built now would have to have been designed to support the future loading that the extra terracing would impose.

If the Supporters Association were given good information, then that would suggest they have been designed that way.

The Bootle stand does have the width of a road behind it, and it doesn’t rise up to the same level as the other stands, hence why I think it is perhaps easier to expand, although perhaps not by that much.

If this project was going to be halted it should have happened long before now imo.

Tens of millions have been spent already and are continuing every week.

I think the point of no return has long since been passed.

When Usmanov was sanctioned I would have thought was an important moment as it could be said it was his money financing the project.
Reckon we'll cut corners now though....probably recycle the seats and dug outs etc