2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's good in tight spacea, very good close control. I dont see him starting many games but he'll come in useful when we need to retain the ball a bit better.
He came on and gave the ball away about 3 times yesterday.

It seems we wanted Cornet but he wanted to move to London. McNeil doesn’t fit any system we’ve played, very odd that we prioritised him and he needs to massively up his level.

He came on and gave the ball away about 3 times yesterday.

It seems we wanted Cornet but he wanted to move to London. McNeil doesn’t fit any system we’ve played, very odd that we prioritised him and he needs to massively up his level.
That Cornet thing was the first I heard of it yesterday when Tyler mentioned it - twice. Pinch of salt on that one.

If Big Dom is there I would pick McNeil.

Lad doesn’t even get into crossing positions to be fair. His starting position is always so deep and he just doesn’t have any legs to get up the pitch.

I don’t think he fits into a 4-3-3 at all, we can’t ever build attacks when he’s on the pitch. We can’t have a defender playing as one of our 3 forwards.

Lad doesn’t even get into crossing positions to be fair. His starting position is always so deep and he just doesn’t have any legs to get up the pitch.

I don’t think he fits into a 4-3-3 at all, we can’t ever build attacks when he’s on the pitch. We can’t have a defender playing as one of our 3 forwards.
7 games and hes been written off and yes, im very aware of his long Burnley career.

But maybe we should give the lad a full season before we confirm our fears?

In fairness Gordon was just letting people run past him by the end. Patterson was having 2 v 1s all over the place. Once McNeil came on he helped shut that down. It was the right sub just a bit too late.

Iwobi should be a lesson that we might be best giving him a bit of time to find his best form.

The reality is that we’re not shopping at the top table so attacking players who maintain top form for runs of games are largely beyond our budget. Gordon, Gray, McNeill will all have some good fames and some absolute stinkers as well because they’ve all got inconsistencies that are stopping them from being top players at the moment. I thought McNeill looked the most dangerous of the three against Liverpool but before that not so much.

perhaps his best position is just behind the forwards. He'll get lots of opportuniy and could be very useful away from home against tougher opposition, or at home to the big six. His industry is undoubted. If he pops a couple of goals in all will be forgiven...

In fairness Gordon was just letting people run past him by the end. Patterson was having 2 v 1s all over the place. Once McNeil came on he helped shut that down. It was the right sub just a bit too late.

Iwobi should be a lesson that we might be best giving him a bit of time to find his best form.

The reality is that we’re not shopping at the top table so attacking players who maintain top form for runs of games are largely beyond our budget. Gordon, Gray, McNeill will all have some good fames and some absolute stinkers as well because they’ve all got inconsistencies that are stopping them from being top players at the moment. I thought McNeill looked the most dangerous of the three against Liverpool but before that not so much.
Couldn’t agree more about Gordon. It was obvious West Ham were targeting that side in the second half due to his lack of effort.

He's been playing under Dyche for years in a 442 as a traditional wide player and it's all he's ever known.

There's definitely a decent enough footballer in there - I think it's going to take some time for him to adjust to a completely different system. Also interested to see how he gets on when Dom comes back and he has a big target man to whip the ball in for.

He's English and only 22 - worst case scenario it doesn't work out and we recoup a decent chunk of the fee we paid flogging him to a team that suits his style.

I thought he’d be good as an inverted winger but his non existent right foot means he is too predictable and easy to defend against. Strange signing

He's been playing under Dyche for years in a 442 as a traditional wide player and it's all he's ever known.

There's definitely a decent enough footballer in there - I think it's going to take some time for him to adjust to a completely different system. Also interested to see how he gets on when Dom comes back and he has a big target man to whip the ball in for.

He's English and only 22 - worst case scenario it doesn't work out and we recoup a decent chunk of the fee we paid flogging him to a team that suits his style.

No, the worst case scenario is we can’t get rid of him for love nor money and have to loan him out for the next 4 years paying 80% of his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.