2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNeil is a hard working wide midfielder, not really a winger or a forward. Would probably shine in a bog standard 4-4-2, but we are never going to play that.

He is exactly the type of player to bring on to defend a lead or the type of player to start away from home against better opposition where you won't have much of the ball (e.g. City) so if this becomes his role at the club, then so be it.

A good option to have IMO.

He's a forward option for us mate. I expect forward options to create or score goals - he doesn't look like he can do any of the in the PL.

That said, he's young and English so if we continue to see no improvement i'm sure we could get our money back next Summer.

Still think cornet was the one we should have gone for. This lad is gonna struggle massively, he's already benched from, let's face it, a pretty average Everton side.

Still think cornet was the one we should have gone for. This lad is gonna struggle massively, he's already benched from, let's face it, a pretty average Everton side.
Would you pick him ahead of Gordon and Gray?

I know Gordon was poor yesterday, but before that hes pretty undroppable and Gray has started the season flying.

And when I say him, I mean Cornet as well.

Would you pick him ahead of Gordon and Gray?

I know Gordon was poor yesterday, but before that hes pretty undroppable and Gray has started the season flying.

And when I say him, I mean Cornet as well.

If we had Cornet I would drop Gordon for him for the next game. However I wouldn’t be dropping Gordon for McNeil, therein lies the difference.

I thought he did well when he came on. Gordon had an off day and Grey ran himself in to the ground. It made sense to tighten things up by putting him on with Doucoure, using himself and Iwobi as wide midfielders rather than out and out wingers. When everyones fit he's a good option to come off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.