Match of the Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Match of the Day is now a parody of itself. Lineker hosts it with a cosy smugness and Shearer, Wright and Murphy alternate as his performing stooges. Can’t believe I am saying this but it was much better with Jimmy Hill.
If you're talking about the 80's version when it was just Jimmy Hill presenting and summarising then you're right, it was much better.

People forget as he turned into a parody of himself, but Jimmy Hill was a really good broadcaster

Gave up on motd many years ago.
Mainly cause I just don't watch football. I support Everton and that is it. Anything else, I can't be bothered with. Including champions League. Never watch it

But I really hate how they show a highlight and then show the same highlight from a different angle. Every damn one. Probs should go in the things thatake me fume thread.
Do they still do that?

Match of the Day is now a parody of itself. Lineker hosts it with a cosy smugness and Shearer, Wright and Murphy alternate as his performing stooges. Can’t believe I am saying this but it was much better with Jimmy Hill.

Shearer has completely transformed personality wise since the horse punchers take over.

One thing I hate about motd highlights nowadays is they never show the games climax or final whistle reaction, just show the last opportunity then cut straight to the freeze frame of full time result.
Feels like as the viewer you never get to appreciate or enjoy the end celebration.

I quite like how much of our game that they shoe horned into the hour given there was only 2 games on.

Did it even get to 30 seconds?

MOTD is just a mouthpiece for the Premier League which, in turn, is only interested in their 6 beloved clubs. Just don't watch it. As for the game. I was late to it and only saw it from shortly after our goal, but the 30-35 minutes i saw were all West Ham attcking and us desperately defending. We seemed to be incapable of keeping posession and rode our luck (inside of the post, Patterson's interception). Anyway, a win's a win and hopefully it'll give us confidence/kick start our season and we can be a bit more convincing in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.