2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can't see Iwobi wanting to leave while Lampard is manager. He has finally found a manager who has faith in him and, if I am any judge, he seems to be really enjoying his football. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Gordon turned down a new contract, but, I would be amazed if Iwobi Did.

What a turnaround. However, now that he is full of confidence I would be interested to see if there is an opportunity to improve the team further by moving Iwobi further forward like we did late in the game today. That could enable us to get Garner in the team so we would have someone to take a corner. Once Dominic Calvert-Lewin is back we will have great aerial presence at set pieces so not having a consistent delivery for them would be very frustrating. Also Gordon and Gray are very inconsistent as wide forwards and Iwobi would provide better cover to the fullback

That being said it would be brave to break up something that appears to be working

Iwobi out wide is were he stank the place out for 3 years. He should only play there if we have injuries or are seeing a game out like yesterday.

Don't change what's working. He's developing into a seriously effective and efficient central midfielder. Would be criminal to go play him in a position where quite frankly it looked like he had no idea how to play

The clubs that are considered a step up from us won’t want him, and our equals won’t be interested in paying the kind of money that we would want for him. At the moment, Iwobi and Everton are a very good match for each other, and I think he knows that as much as we do.

He's just constantly busy, keeps moving and has a picture of what is going on around him.

Another solid display yesterday, Lampard must be absolutely over the moon with him and I'm sure he'll be saying to him to make the next step up you've got to start getting into scoring positions.

Never understood the TikTok thing but it’s nice to see Amadou feels part of the family so quickly.

This reply had me in stitches though lol

8B213332-0B5E-4540-AD84-DA907E093CF9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.