New Everton Stadium Discussion

Perhaps yes, but there are a few differences in that OT is a much larger stadium, much poorer team performances over recent times plus well documented fan discontent and protest campaigns. Man Utd are at a bit of a low ebb, whereas Man City are at the absolute pinnacle of their history.

But you're right, it seems to be common practice at some clubs.
Think utd Wernt happy with how much they where paying
Perhaps yes, but there are a few differences in that OT is a much larger stadium, much poorer team performances over recent times plus well documented fan discontent and protest campaigns. Man Utd are at a bit of a low ebb, whereas Man City are at the absolute pinnacle of their history.

But you're right, it seems to be common practice at some clubs.
Some of them where of by 20 thousand

Gonna be a sad day to leave Goodison but seeing this pop up as I go past has been incredible for sure.

That being said, I think it should have been a bigger capacity and I only hope it’s built in a way that can increase the capacity in future years if need be

Off the top of my head.... Buckingham are building LFC's new stand. McAlpines, MACE, Balfour Beatty, Multiplex, Barr (MCLH).....

A new stand extension is nothing like a whole ground, plus Buckingham don’t have the cash flow to do it.

McAlpine pulled out of the original tender phase.

Mace only really PM outside of the M25.

Balfour Beatty tend to stick to infrastructure projects due to risk involved

Multiplex again don’t really have a regional presence in the area.

MCLH are they even big enough to carry the works out?

Realistically there isn’t many if anyone else capable of carrying out the works who has the expertise and workforce Laing’s have in the area.

A new stand extension is nothing like a whole ground, plus Buckingham don’t have the cash flow to do it.

McAlpine pulled out of the original tender phase.

Mace only really PM outside of the M25.

Balfour Beatty tend to stick to infrastructure projects due to risk involved

Multiplex again don’t really have a regional presence in the area.

MCLH are they even big enough to carry the works out?

Realistically there isn’t many if anyone else capable of carrying out the works who has the expertise and workforce Laing’s have in the area.
It's been cash upfront so far, so that's hardly an issue. I'm sure they'd have no problems scaling up. It's an extension but it is a bigger stand than any at BMD.

Barr(MCLH) have built several stadia all over the country including Celtic Park which is also bigger than BMD.

Construction companies don't always have to have much regional presence. If the project suits or is high profile enough, they all had time to mobilise local resources. I worked for Balfours when LOR moosed in on our project despite having little/no experience in that industry, nor local knowledge.

That Carrillion mob should have been dragged through the courts and jailed for what they done. Not sure if any of them have been held to account.
I think they got cushy numbers with other construction companies. If they were lads on the tools got did anything like that they’d be blackballed.