Duncan Ferguson Moving On

Status
Not open for further replies.
…I think he just didn’t rate him so didn’t use him. Ferguson was used to having the run of FF but suddenly he was unimportant.

i wouldn’t be surprised if he had a chat with Lampard about his situation & was told there was no role for him.
That too.

But he also compromised every manager's position at the club because of his chuminess with the first team squad.

You cant have that dual power structure at a football club. The manager is the boss and his word is everything, and every single player has to know that.

It looks as though Duncan is going to take up a management position at Blackburn.

If he does go, I wish him all the best.

I’ve got some great memories of his time here.
Nothing but love for the Big Man. It's great how he's really come out of his shell. I was surprised to see there wasn't a poll, "Will he be Back?" - 'Aye or Nae' which I would have said Aye! Good luck at whichever Spanish club you end up at.

500FA3A6-2CDF-4753-A4BB-D8EFCCD6C6C1.jpeg

Lampard did not want him to leave ...
He said that alright but....
Duncan was an assistant under carlo, he was involved in the decisions during matches.
Under Frank Duncan was sat on the second row looking lost. Frank replaced him as assistant with his own people, essentially demoting him, I never saw Frank confer with him.
Of course Frank would say he didn't want a person who is loved at the club to leave but...actions vs words etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.