Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
United v Leeds postponement about to be announced apparently.

It’s a fixture that generally needs more police presence compared to most other games though so not sure if it really tells us anything.

I know the are drafting police from all forces across the country to police the funeral. So I doubt any games go ahead on the weekend.

Good news is that our game is now live on Sky (for those who can't make it to Goodison).

Bad news is we are going to have to play Begovic ?
In fairness he's a decent shot stopper and consdering we actually have a defensive line in front of him now that should generally stop things coming through hopefully he won't be called upon too much, have to remember West Ham have been poor this season too so far and they've got a game only a few days before. Plus they'll all be properly distraught about the Queen for about the next 3 years so they'll be fine and vulnerable to play.

In fairness he's a decent shot stopper and consdering we actually have a defensive line in front of him now that should generally stop things coming through hopefully he won't be called upon too much, have to remember West Ham have been poor this season too so far and they've got a game only a few days before. Plus they'll all be properly distraught about the Queen for about the next 3 years so they'll be fine and vulnerable to play.
A game we need to be winning.

Good news is that our game is now live on Sky (for those who can't make it to Goodison).

Bad news is we are going to have to play Begovic ?
Overall I think it’s a good thing for us to get a game played before the break, obviously the Arsenal game being off was good but with another long break looming for the World Cup I don’t think a month off would’ve been good for us, both in terms of fixtures piling up and keeping the momentum of the team ticking over.

With the extra week we should have DCL (and Doucoure) available and Begovic will do fine for me what looks like it might be one game only. Overall we’ve come out of this pretty luckily I reckon.

Can't really argue with that decision. There were always going to be logistical issues with possibly the biggest event in modern British history the following Monday.

Bit lost why the Brighton game is off though. All strikes were cancelled and it was originally due to travel issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.