Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
True story this. My sister-in-law, aged ~40, posted a photo of the Queen on Facebook this afternoon and that she “…can’t stop crying, so sad”. I was utterly baffled so asked the wife what that was all about, and was told “didn’t you know, she really liked the monarchy and all that stuff”. I said “right ok, but crying all day, I can’t remember her even crying at your Nan’s funeral FFS, bit over the top isn’t it.”.

And somehow that made ME a bad person?!

Absolute classic GOT!

Thank you kind sir!

So it's OK for the urine swilling rugby fans to carry on as usual but not those from the pleb sport. Like my father in law says, "Rugby is a game invented for fat blurts who can't play footy."

I can't think of another team-sport, apart from football, that widely attracts the knuckle-draggers of society...

Rugby, cricket, hockey... whatever sport it may be, they don't need policing, segregation, alcohol bans etc. Over the last week, on social media, I've lost count of how many clips I've watched of disorder in football stadiums.

I can't think of another team-sport, apart from football, that widely attracts the knuckle-draggers of society...

Rugby, cricket, hockey... whatever sport it may be, they don't need policing, segregation, alcohol bans etc. Over the last week, on social media, I've lost count of how many clips I've watched of disorder in football stadiums.
You may see more of it in football stadiums as it is the biggest spectator sport in the world mate. Just a tiny little bit more watched than hockey or in fact any of the others. I know the 6 nations sell out but where are they at every other rugby game in the country when they are not drinking their own urine.

Dunno about that mate, they literally rested 9-10 of their starting 11, all that did was give their squad players 90 minutes to get sharper

Compare that to us missing our starting keeper, Dominic Calvert-Lewin not being fit yet to start and I'll take a postponement every day in that situation.

Use the break to have a behind closed doors friendly to get some fitness in a few
Dunno how an Arsenal flying at the top of the league with a fully fit and in form 11 and needing to bounce bs k from their first set back at United is a good time to play them tbh

Calvert Lewin and Pickford are huge misses. We 100% lose that game atbthe weekend with Begovic on goal. We also get more time to get back Doucoure too, get more training minutes into Garner, Gana and Maupay, as well as giving Onana a break who looked shattered. Outside chance Mina/Holgate return for next game too.

I'm not saying they are all in the best 11, but they massively improve the squad and give us bench options.

Then I look at Arsenal, who while having the bubble burst a bit at United are still riding high. Think they'll be back down to earth come January. European games in legs, lot of players at the World Cup, and European games to re start around that time.

The game that I'd rather play now is West Ham than Arsenal. We know Moyes starts slow, but they will pick up.

Overall though, plays right into our hands.

You may see more of it in football stadiums as it is the biggest spectator sport in the world mate. Just a tiny little bit more watched than hockey or in fact any of the others. I know the 6 nations sell out but where are they at every other rugby game in the country when they are not drinking their own urine.

He’s right though. Leicester Tigers get decent crowds and you don’t see any Police never mind any trouble. Similar social mix to football but perhaps slightly older…..

Status
Not open for further replies.