Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of room for you all Down Under!
1662700219915.png

If we don't play until Oct 1, then that is absolutely a blessing.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Pickford and Doucoure all back, plus extra opportunities for Gana, Garner and Onana to get fully fit.

Actually aside from Pickford who is a big miss. I’d rather play Arsenal now straight after a Europa game. I think we played well on the weekend and it’s a good time to play them.

I like Begovic anyway and I think he’d be fine to play. Gana could do with a couple more games but aside from that, the rest of the team had a good game last week.

Actually aside from Pickford who is a big miss. I’d rather play Arsenal now straight after a Europa game. I think we played well on the weekend and it’s a good time to play them.

I like Begovic anyway and I think he’d be fine to play. Gana could do with a couple more games but aside from that, the rest of the team had a good game last week.

Dunno about that mate, they literally rested 9-10 of their starting 11, all that did was give their squad players 90 minutes to get sharper

Compare that to us missing our starting keeper, DCL not being fit yet to start and I'll take a postponement every day in that situation.

Use the break to have a behind closed doors friendly to get some fitness in a few
Dunno how an Arsenal flying at the top of the league with a fully fit and in form 11 and needing to bounce bs k from their first set back at United is a good time to play them tbh

…..I imagine if it was earlier in the week the weekend games would’ve been postponed, but deferring the decision last night suggests to me they won’t call them off with 24 hours notice. They will announce all of next weeks fixtures will not be played as a mark of respect.

Pure guesswork, of course.

Dunno. Tonight’s games have been canned granted there’s only a couple.

Premier league and football league meeting at 9. The discussion point seems to be whether to postpone just this weekend or further. That's reading between the lines of the guardian piece.

….yes, I notice that, golf, racing & the test match also called off today but no mention on when they will re-start.

i’m sure we’ll find out very soon.
Yeah Chester races today was cancelled.

I was due to be going tomorrow. Chester racecourse have said, they’ll make a decision today on whether tomorrow will go ahead. I suspect not.

I was looking forward to watching us this weekend as I’ve been away for all but the opening game of the season. Never missed so many Everton games in my life. Typical that the next 2 and now going to be cancelled too.

Having to shut down the country to mourn is probably the strongest argument yet about how dumb a monarch is
Yet if Biden, Macron or whoever Merckel's successor is in Germany died yesterday chances are their sporting fixtures would be under threat too. I personally think we should continue. Life is turning to sh it with the cost of living crisis, people need to have fun and enjoyment. If that enjoyment includes shouting at your team losing on telly or sticking £5 on Sally's Boy at the races then the public should have that option open to them. The next 10 days are gonna be like old fashioned Sundays. Is Songs of Praise still on the telly?

Yet if Biden, Macron or whoever Merckel's successor is in Germany died yesterday chances are their sporting fixtures would be under threat too. I personally think we should continue. Life is turning to sh it with the cost of living crisis, people need to have fun and enjoyment. If that enjoyment includes shouting at your team losing on telly or sticking £5 on Sally's Boy at the races then the public should have that option open to them. The next 10 days are gonna be like old fashioned Sundays. Is Songs of Praise still on the telly?
Likely make a comeback for the next couple weeks or so

Surely the only fixtures at risk should be those on the day of the funeral. All fixtures in all sports should continue giving those at the sport the chance to pay their respects in whichever way is seen fit. To just cancel everything is like most things this country does way over the top, example the wailing for what seemed like weeks following Diana's death. It's sad but in most cases of a death families have to carry on as does life, to simply stop everything is a pure over reaction imho obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.