judge us at the end of the transfer window – not now

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got some solid defensive additions but we only have 3 defenders possibly 4 when holgate comes back as godfrey is probably out till the end of the year and mina is perpetually injured. So it's not just the attack that is thin. I like tarkowski and cody but they have to sit deep as they aren't the swiftest. Maybe gana helps with that issue

The defenders and midfielders signed are good but we really struggled to get anything going in attack at times without Richarlison and needed additional quality brought in, especially if he was to be replaced.

McNeill and Maupay makes us weaker up top than we were with Richarlison. Maupay isn't going to be playing up top with Dom and McNeill looks exactly like he's carried his form from last season into this one

Strengthened two areas and weakened one for me. Two steps forward one step back. The Everton way.

But we haven’t signed a replacement for Richarlison.

We are reliant on our left hand side, specifically Gordon, to create chances.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin is injury prone and therefore unable to be relied upon for the rest of the season.

McNeil doesn’t offer us anything in attack or on the counter.

Can you explain why any of this is wrong? You don’t just get to say “it’s wrong because it’s wrong” and expect anyone to accept that as actual reasoning.
You've said we haven't replaced Richarlison then proceeded to evidence in the following 3 paragraphs how we'll replace Richarlison.

Gordon , McNeill, Gray and Maupay are the cover for Richarlison. You might not like it, but they are.

We are definitely stronger than at the beginning of the window, but are still light in some positions

However, as some have mentioned, there does seem to be some evidence of a plan, so it looks like we are laying down the foundations; which we can add to in the next window.

I'm cautiously optimistic

We got some solid defensive additions but we only have 3 defenders possibly 4 when holgate comes back as godfrey is probably out till the end of the year and mina is perpetually injured. So it's not just the attack that is thin. I like tarkowski and cody but they have to sit deep as they aren't the swiftest. Maybe gana helps with that issue
You can't build a squad with a view to what you're going to do if every single player in one position gets injured though. If we're playing 433 then the 6 senior centre halves we've got is way too many if anything. It's ridiculous really, if everyone was fit at the same time we'd have at least 2 of them not even making a 9 man bench.

Haha no you’re right, I don’t like it.
It is was it is MikeH.

For what it's worth, I think the defence and midfield was a much bigger problem. Maupay will be a shrewd signing - He hassles and chases defences. Our rebuilt midfield has much more legs and can press. We've effectively added Doucoure, Allan and Davies as backup rather than starters. Keane, Holgate and Godfrey will add back up. Iwobi can be rested if needed.

And we choose between DCL, Maupay, Gray, Gordon, McNeill, Townsend, as our attacking options. Yes we're short of attacking options but lots of teams are. Being competitive and defensively sound is a much bigger priority than Richarlisons goals.

A lot of his goals cane towards the end of the season when we were pressing for results. Between August and March he'd scored 4 goals.

We scored as many as 9,10,11 last year.

It has been a very good window..... although not perfect.

Last season we had serious problems in central defence and largely operated without a functioning midfield.

We need cover at left back (Vinagre) and the middle of defence was a mess(Coady, Tarkowski).

We have a new midfield in Gana, Onana and Garner . We have Iwobi, Davies and Doucoure . I thought Allan might leave and I think he may do so in January.

The arrival of McNeill was welcome but the loss of Richarlison was big and Maupay is not at that level as a replacement.

Keeping Gordon was huge and he has started well , Gray has largely been good and now we see DCL back from next week.

The negatives.

Could do with another striker but even better would have been a creative forward and I think Kudus was earmarked for that role and Gibbs White before him.

I could see Brereton Diaz come next summer as there will be no fee and I think we will be looking for that creative player both in January or next summer.

We will also have to wait and see if Mills or any other young player can make an impact.

I would not be surprised if Mina has already played his last game for us... and possibly Rondon as well, a player I was certain would leave.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin is injury prone and therefore unable to be relied upon for the rest of the season.

Can you explain why any of this is wrong? You don’t just get to say “it’s wrong because it’s wrong” and expect anyone to accept that as actual reasoning.
We set up differently, Gordon is now Richie and we signed maups

Patterson, Dwight and gray will all offer chances from the right

Dcl is not injury prone . Until last year he played 36,34,35,32 games and us back soon

McNeil only just got here

So yes, it was all panic driven, uneducated waffle

He’s basically picked every Neg he could think of and ignored every positive

Last edited:
I’ve always thought our problem was we don’t have a midfielder who can play between the lines someone who can receive the ball from the back four and transition quickly to attack, a KDB, David Silva, (I know,I know) if we can find that player we would be in a far better place than where we are now, Not seen much of Garner can anyone tell me if he’s that sort of player.

I’ve always thought our problem was we don’t have a midfielder who can play between the lines someone who can receive the ball from the back four and transition quickly to attack, a KDB, David Silva, (I know,I know) if we can find that player we would be in a far better place than where we are now, Not seen much of Garner can anyone tell me if he’s that sort of player.
No, if anything Onana will be that player
Not on the kdb silva levels obvs

We set up differently, Gordon is now Richie and we signed maups

Patterson, Dwight and gray will all offer chances from the right

Dominic Calvert-Lewin is not injury prone . Until last year he played 36,34,35,32 games and us back soon

McNeil only just got here

So yes, it was all panic driven, uneducated waffle

He’s basically picked every Neg he could think of and ignored every positive
Dwight offers nothing
Dwight offers the ball to the opposition
Dwight offers slow plays down the right
Dwight should of taken the #20 same as klaassen
Dwight is not a #7

DCL is very injury prone.

We didn’t need to mate because in case you missed it Gordon has become world class and will get even better because he’s scored 2 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.