Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes has gone!!!! On loan.
B3664B64-0391-4718-8491-6B1B4285D098.jpeg

I think we tried to do more, on the attacking front, Kudos and one or two others are indicative of that. In a way because we couldn’t get the right one in I’m happy we did nothing, in windows gone by we would have panic bought and brought in someone like Adama Traore, we all know how that ends up.

The window is a big show of faith in a few players in my opinion, Flash & McNeill in particular, threat and creativity will rest on their shoulders to a large degree, while Iwobi and Garner may be able to adjust to be more productive centrally. If either can help us to make the ball stick in advanced positions it would be a big help. As been said I think Maupay may also surprise a few and people will enjoy and respect him here, I think he will really enjoy it here and feed of it.

Overall I’m expecting more from Onana, McNeill, JT and Coady then we have seen so far, not that they have been bad but are still settling, so expect them all to incrementally improve. Garner I suspect will be the same.

Right, first job of work 20 points before Xmas.
The usual 20 point benchmark by Christmas probably has to be adjusted this year. 13 or 14 could be enough to be out of the bottom 3 because of the break. The league only resumes on boxing day

I'm coming in late to this conversation and apologise if misconstrued but you are 100% spot on here, we are still run in the way we were pre Prem, we haven't progressed at all from what was a well run respected club to one with the same ethos but without the much needed cutting edge business element and hard nosed approach to economics.

Its a travesty for a club who have set bars for others for decades but, we still live, in the minds of some at the club, in that era which has seen us fall so far behind now, we actually may never get it back.

I have images and its not all on Bill, but of him running around shouting about how touchy feely we are, make everyone welcome, get the kettle on etc etc whilst also trying to negotiate transfers, salaries and then prep for the upcoming press release or welcome video but not really having a "handle" on any of the machinations and it falling well short of what we should be.

Unless we can really look internally after that alleged review and see some distinct progress, we are heading in one direction and soon.

We are currently not only poor on pitch but a complete abomination off it too.

I fear for Everton future.

Dramatic? Maybe
Do I care? Damn right I do
Can I influence or change it? Partially maybe through groups like;

27 years Campaign

it needs to up the ante, get a real cognitive plan together, utilise all available resource to exert some pressure.

We are out of date, by a long way.

It needs to change.
Think you're a bit pessimistic there mate.

You advocate for change, and I think we have seen it this window for the first time since Mosh bought the club. This is the first window of his era where we didn't really have any El Ghazi moments, you know, those times when you think like why have we got 3 number 10s or why did we pay so much for such poor performers. There was none of that this year. Probably why Mosh said judge us at the end of the window because he knew HE was having no input this year.

One other point is that our forward line last season wasn't prolific because we had one of, if not, THE worst midfield and defence in the PL. How many times over the last few years have we said things like "Dom looked isolated today" or "we need to play 3 in the middle of the park" or "we cant defend set pieces" We now have genuine options in defence and midfield for the first time in years and the forward line will benefit massively from this.

We are seeing change mate, it's just that this is the first step.

Brighton wanted to re-up, he wanted out, so they sold with a year left. He walked out the door with a fourth to a fifth of their goals every season. It would be madness for them to bin him off voluntarily.
Brighton offered him a contract at a certain wage level. Maupay wanted higher wages and the two sides didn't agree. He would have stayed there if Brighton had upped their offer IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.