Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case it's shocking and on this board if we go down.

One striker who can at best get us 8 goals this season plus an existing forward usually capable of no more than the same when he's fit.
Calvert Lewin is a very good striker when he’s fit Dave, and Maupay is fine for a back up striker. Our bigger issue is that our wings are very weak beyond Gordon and Gray

Really worrying if Gana and Garner are it. Needed a wide player that can create and score a few. Everton that. They will roll out the old "we tried but couldn't get the player we wanted" garbage when the window slams shut.

Agree. Would tarnish what has been a promising window. Without goals, we aren't going to win games. I suspect the morons on the board think Gordon is adequate backup.
I actually dont byy that we wont get another striker in. It's that suicidal that no one could be willing to contemplate it as a move.

If that's the case it's shocking and on this board if we go down.

One striker who can at best get us 8 goals this season plus an existing forward usually capable of no more than the same when he's fit.
Tell you what, we get hammered on Sat with Maupay in the starting eleven then this will be a black transfer window for the board.

I'm Genuinely excited for Douglas Luiz, I think Arteta could transform him into a beast of a player, hope we can convince Villa to let him go, if not we're kind of screwed for depth.
Glue type non-flashy guy in the midfield that you could use. Upgrade on Elneny and Lokonga (though I heard he was good this week). I wouldn't like Everton paying 20m for him but think it makes sense for Arsenal.

Bowler to have Forest medical

Simon Stone

BBC Sport reporter

Blackpool winger Josh Bowler is set to have a medical at Nottingham Forest ahead of a move to the Premier League outfit.

It is understood Forest have agreed to pay around £4m for 23-year-old Bowler, who joined Blackpool from Everton in 2021.

If the deal goes through, Bowler will become Forest’s 20th signing since their promotion to the Premier League.

He came through Fulham’s academy, then joined Everton after spells with Aldershot and QPR.

The fact they haven't announced Garner/Gana is making me slightly too optimistic that there is a good chance of there being a 3rd and possibly 4th signing to be made, and they are delaying so that they can unveil them all at the same time.

The more realistic scenario is that the club are as inept at announcing signings as they are at everything else.

Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.