Match Thread Leeds v Everton : Tuesday 30th August 2022 : KO 8pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve explained no I don’t think we’re anything special, but we have a set way of playing that tries to beat teams.

there’s more than one way to play but playing as you did last night playing 11 behind the ball looking to catch a break is the sign of a lesser team not being able to match them so defend deep & do their best not to concede.

You scored early and then did nothing but try to hold on. We equalised deservedly as you’d done nothing but take your one chance.

We pushed for the winner and left gaps for you to counter again having a few chances on the break doesn’t make you a good team. The overall way of playing is what makes you a good team.

Hanging on to draws after being dominated eventually results in those draws turning in to loses and the odd win turns to draws

Where as if you dominate the ball maybe you don’t win all the games but more often than not those draws like last night will turn into wins.

Simple If you have the ball the more likely it is you’ll win.

If you think doing what you did last night makes you good it doesn’t.

Reminds me of when George Graham took over us. It was grim and we weren’t good.
Leeds definitely do have a clear style of playing and that is important because it allows fans to get behind a system and see that progress is being made. We are a little way off of that because Frank inherited the worst squad in the league and is manager of the worst run club in the league.

That being said, we would have been very good value for 3 points last night and but for some questionable officiating I think we would be walking away with the win.

It is obviously frustrating when a team sits deep and plays on the counter but Leicester literally won the league by doing so - it was far from a “pure football vs. smash and grab” match mind

I’ve explained no I don’t think we’re anything special, but we have a set way of playing that tries to beat teams.

there’s more than one way to play but playing as you did last night playing 11 behind the ball looking to catch a break is the sign of a lesser team not being able to match them so defend deep & do their best not to concede.

You scored early and then did nothing but try to hold on. We equalised deservedly as you’d done nothing but take your one chance.

We pushed for the winner and left gaps for you to counter again having a few chances on the break doesn’t make you a good team. The overall way of playing is what makes you a good team.

Hanging on to draws after being dominated eventually results in those draws turning in to loses and the odd win turns to draws

Where as if you dominate the ball maybe you don’t win all the games but more often than not those draws like last night will turn into wins.

Simple If you have the ball the more likely it is you’ll win.

If you think doing what you did last night makes you good it doesn’t.

Reminds me of when George Graham took over us. It was grim and we weren’t good.

Ok so we agree, its 2 pretty poor teams.

Now answer me this, why do you think we werent going for the win? If we werent, why did we make the best chances to win, have a higher Xg, and come closest to winning with the "unlucky" offside goal?

And why is a counter attacking style inherently inferior to possession style?

I've seen us play high possession football, create very little and show less intent to win games. Were we trying to win games more under Martinez when we had lots of possession and little penetration?

How are we "hanging on" to a draw when we objectively had the best chances to win, and more goalscoring chances?

If you cant convert your possession into more chances, you are not going to win games.

In all honesty, you're talking contradictory nonsense, that doesnt stand up to any scrutiny. A weakened Everton team created better goalscoring opportunities than you and were the more likely team to win. That's the facts. The rest of what you put, is opinionated nonsense.

Oh and whats with the song with the screech in the middle like you're all at a Justin Bieber concert?

Cringing for you lads with that one.

What's with the invasion of the Hunchbacks of the Pennines? They back thinking they're big time like the Newcastle lids?
Get to bed in your 1992 Leeds kit.......it's late

PhotoRoom-20220830_203824.png

This narrative that sections of the media are trying to promote re: time wasting is absurd.

It is an incontrovertible fact that the ball was in play for longer than in any of Leeds’ previous four games this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.