Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played out of position and just a 1 game ban so would be available for the derby. i think he showed last season what an effective player he can be when played in an advanced central role in a 433, 532 or 4231 formation, and importantly gives you goals from midfield.

Can't see it happening mind. And there's absolutely no way we'd be getting £25m plus both players permanently. I'd bite you're arm off for that, as much as I don't want Gordon to go.

Weirdly enough given two factors I could see Chelsea liking a deal like that.

First is the background of the owners cone from sport that those deals are commonplace in trades.

Second is they have a commitment to spend 1billion over the next 5 seasons as a contractual condition of their purchase of the club - a player trade allowed was them to hugely inflate the traded players value to get around spending quite so much.

So say the give 25m they then put a monetary worth on Gallagher and Broja of 45m each - the deal then goes in the books as a 115m player investment on Gordon.

Dodgy but legal.

Not a chance in reality of it happening like but

Probably both on loan...chelsea ain't that stupid
I don’t believe that bid is real, but don’t underestimate how stupid Chelsea could be. They seem to have massive Big Club Syndrome going on and maybe their ego simply won’t let them miss out on a target. United the same, paying the best part of 100m for a lad from the Eredivisie because their ego won’t let them walk away. We’ve even seen it ourselves when we ended up paying way, way over the odds for Sigurdsson because we couldn’t let go of a target.

It’s the deal we should be asking for, and seeing the way certain clubs are getting rinsed you never know.

I think it is unlikely AG will be sold in this window.
I think Chelsea may not be terribly upset by that as they can always come back in at a later time....although by then there may be more competition if AG continues to improve.

However, I could see Chelsea loaning players to Everton and if they do well then they could form part of any future deal.

Oh if Chelsea where smart they'd offer us say Broja or Gallagher on loan with a high purchase option of say 40m with the idea being we'd have to make a big sale to keep the player next season, putting them in absolutely pole position to leverage us on Gordon

Happy to wake up to l inks for Pierra, Kudos and Garner.

After watching our first 4 games one thing is very clear to me, we play the game by the seat of our pants, we are never really in control of a game and we struggle to impose our selves on the game. We cant control the tempo, we cant retain possession, we dont manage games and we have a tendancey to go to direct, we were kicking the ball over the head of our midfielders all day yesterday.

We need players who can put their foot on the ball, hold possession, dictate the speed and tempo and manage the game - we have two many midfielders who are about prescience, running game and engine - we need something more. We need a bit of creativity, confidence, passing and play making.

The type of players above at least show we have idenitired that need, id also be looking at Bill Gilmour, but not at the expense of Flash.
Yep, we are basically being dominated in every single game.

But even when we play a side like Fleetwood, we aren’t even good enough to break them down.

It would make no sense to perform swap deals on homegrown player if we want to settle our FFP issue once and for all, they would need to give us full whack for Gordon with the option to buy their players at a reduced fee if there was any swap deal going on

Status
Not open for further replies.