Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudus on the bench again for Ajax.
Still quiet on him plus Gueye and Garner especially after big "ITK's" named we are close to signing.

Kudus on the bench again for Ajax.
Still quiet on him plus Gueye and Garner especially after big "ITK's" named we are close to signing.
There’s nothing more in the Kudus thing atm because of the Antony/United situation

Gana looks like it might finally happen this week as French reports say the resumed talks have been positive

Garner we were talking to United as of Friday

I think this is harsh. A lot of Brazilian players ultimately go where they will be best paid, and I don’t think it’s really fair to criticise that- a lot of those lads grow up knowing what real actual poverty is and the true value of money and it probably seems absurd to them to turn down much more money to do the same job.

Maybe, but he could have been lucratively paid in the PL.

All our signings this Summer are good eggs, hard working pros, I don't want to disrupt a changing room coming out of the pits if he's not going to be motivated.

There’s nothing more in the Kudus thing atm because of the Antony/United situation

Gana looks like it might finally happen this week as French reports say the resumed talks have been positive

Garner we were talking to United as of Friday

Bit odd though how they're desperate not to lose him and Antony but Antony has effectively gone and this lad is still riding the bench. He'll hardly feel important which could help us.

Bit odd though how they're desperate not to lose him and Antony but Antony has effectively gone and this lad is still riding the bench. He'll hardly feel important which could help us.
Exactly given his position he has at least 3 ahead of him.

I think they are holding out incase Gordon does go for more money.

…yep, I think a lot of these deals are about the player pushing strongly for a move. When that happens, it becomes inevitable.

If the rumours are true, I assume Kudus‘ representatives are encouraging talks so it might be a matter of how strongly the player makes his feelings known.

Not in this instance. The player was quoted at the time saying the Saudi offer was massive enough to set his family up for life. I remember it because I found the honesty refreshing.
I get all that but you regress as a player when you play at that sort of standard. There's no way he'll be able to play straight away at PL intensity

Status
Not open for further replies.