Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more likely that it shakes out when healthy like this:

- Dominic Calvert-Lewin and McNeil lofting balls at Dominic Calvert-Lewin's noggin is Plan A
- Maupay and additional winger (loan?) looking for Maupay on the ground is Plan B

with us mostly playing three up top, probably with Gray on the other side adding a goal threat up that flank to keep the opposition honest, or Gordon if we keep.

Rotate starts as needed to keep players fresh, and to best attack whatever the opponent is giving us. If you don't like what you're getting, pull a double switch and execute alternate plan. If you think two up top is going to work today, start Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Maupay. If it doesn't, sub lesser performer today off and add appropriate winger.

Since we're going to be a grind-it-out team, it's even possible that Lampard will deliberately get it wrong at the start. He can then bring on what he thought will work best once the opposition tires. That plan is looking to limit the damage to 1, play from behind if necessary and hammer two in late on.

That's a pretty flexible toolkit. I would really like one more attacker for cover (foreign loan slot? no Gordon sale?), relieving Rondon of his number, but beggars can't be choosers.

Hopefully another one comes in up top ;)

I think it's more likely that it shakes out when healthy like this:

- Dominic Calvert-Lewin and McNeil lofting balls at Dominic Calvert-Lewin's noggin is Plan A
- Maupay and additional winger (loan?) looking for Maupay on the ground is Plan B

with us mostly playing three up top, probably with Gray on the other side adding a goal threat up that flank to keep the opposition honest, or Gordon if we keep.

Rotate starts as needed to keep players fresh, and to best attack whatever the opponent is giving us. If you don't like what you're getting, pull a double switch and execute alternate plan. If you think two up top is going to work today, start Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Maupay. If it doesn't, sub lesser performer today off and add appropriate winger.

Since we're going to be a grind-it-out team, it's even possible that Lampard will deliberately get it wrong at the start. He can then bring on what he thought will work best once the opposition tires. That plan is looking to limit the damage to 1, play from behind if necessary and hammer two in late on.

That's a pretty flexible toolkit. I would really like one more attacker for cover (foreign loan slot? no Gordon sale?), relieving Rondon of his number, but beggars can't be choosers.
If we stick with the 3 at the back, I could definitely see us going 3-4-2-1 with Gordon and Maupay as tucked in forwards, with Gray and hopefully another forward still to be brought in as goal scoring options off the bench. That would be a handful for opposing defenses when they have the ball. TBD on whether it gets us enough goals.

Decent signing in our position. A very neat footballer with a bit of edge. He'll raise his game when our fans get behind him. He'll also complent Dominic Calvert-Lewin but can also play alone up front to keep 2 of theirs busy. I hope we get Diaz Garner and Gana too and that'll be a good window for us.
Are you for real. Good window. Taking BHA cast offs as well as Burnley’s. Getting ready for the championship more like

Status
Not open for further replies.