Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird mate,I genuinely think the biggest problem we've got with evaluation on our young players is the Rooney effect.

We brought through a generational talent, a complete prodigy of a player at 17 and lost him a year later, if you don't measure up to Rooney now you're written off, no end product - despite the fact his numbers compare favourably on his first season with sone of the best in the past 30 years (Ronaldo, Lampard, Gerrard, Giggs).

And if you look for signs of progression in a player - the signs are there already this season, last year he was either not getting in shooting positions or a ? x of missing the target or making the wrong choice. This season already hes shooting A LOT more and also hitting the target regularly, that's a clear sign of coaching and confidence having it's initial impact, I reckon it's only a matter of time till the next step on that curve us him starting to slot regularly.

Pretty sure Chelsea have broken down these stats too and see a clear trajectory of improving in an area he was lacking
If he was at Chelsea and we were trying to get him the mystics would be screaming for us to pay 100 million etc.

Wow. I've seen everything now. You realise football is played on grass not a spreadsheet? Gordon runs like a loveable headless chicken. His final ball/shot is terrible. By comparison Grealish looked class and ran his team singlehandedly.
Mate, you might want to sit down, I have news for you... There is a frenzy happening among the execs of top clubs and they are trying to buy Gordon for figures putting him in the highest sale bracket for any British player, EVER!

Mate, you might want to sit down, I have news for you... There is a frenzy happening among the execs of top clubs and they are trying to buy Gordon for figures putting him in the highest sale bracket for any British player, EVER!

888.jpg

Should of just fkd the FFP took the 15 point deduction & kept Rico, if we lose the next 2 then it would of been a case of no better no worse, clubs a joke now, 3rd week into the season & no forwards, heads need to roll, not kin good enough.

I know lad. Buts it's just Chelsea isn't it? They who bought Lukaku for £100m and bombed him out. Broke the world record for a goalkeeper and then had to go crawling for a cut price replacement shortly after.

Gordon might miraculously develop. If he does then it's £100m. At this stage in his progression £60m is daylight robbery.

Amazing we haven't been linked to Braithwaite at Barca. Been omitted from their squad and not given a number, so expect to see some murmurings in the next week

Watch out #BraithwaiteForEverton will be all over ITKs Twitter soon now you've named him on here. Love the fact the usual suspects were all outed by making out a Football Insider Exclusive on Kudus was their breaking news (which is still their pinned tweet ?) and a done deal. To think I go to work for 50+ hours a week, whilst others make a living retweeting other peoples rumours and nonsense as their own!

I know lad. Buts it's just Chelsea isn't it? They who bought Lukaku for £100m and bombed him out. Broke the world record for a goalkeeper and then had to go crawling for a cut price replacement shortly after.

Gordon might miraculously develop. If he does then it's £100m. At this stage in his progression £60m is daylight robbery.
We all have our opinion, kid, mine is aligned to the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.