Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely think we put all our eggs in the Dominic Calvert-Lewin basket, which after recent seasons is incredibly naive imo, I thought we had moved on from this level of decision making. Now we are scrambling about for an answer.

Even if they were relying on DCL we still needed to replace Richy and bring in stronger cover than Rondon. Doesn’t really make much sense.

DCL is not even a good striker FFS. Even if he didn't get injured I'd be looking to sign a striker to replace him in our starting 11. More so after we sold Richarlison that at least could dribble , could shoot and could score a goal out of nothing. DCL scores tap ins and even if he is 1 on 1 through with the keeper most of the timrs he'll miss. He cant dribble , can't shoot and has poor technique . He needs someone to be able to feed him balls into the box , someone we don't have either. If not don't except our attack to be any better than it currently is.

I genuinely think we put all our eggs in the Dominic Calvert-Lewin basket, which after recent seasons is incredibly naive imo, I thought we had moved on from this level of decision making. Now we are scrambling about for an answer.
Don't think we did. We relied on him to stay fit for August. Which would have bought us time to get in a striker towards the end of the window on the cheap.

But now they're panicking because for some reason they didn't switch tact back to a striker on August 2-3rd when they knew Dom was injured

What a dysfunctional club. The only thing we are worse at than signing players is actually trying to get rid of players. A perfect storm. The only players we’ve actually got rid of were players whose contracts were finished. All the rest of the dross is still here.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin is not even a good striker FFS. Even if he didn't get injured I'd be looking to sign a striker to replace him in our starting 11. More so after we sold Richarlison that at least could dribble , could shoot and could score a goal out of nothing. Dominic Calvert-Lewin scores tap ins and even if he is 1 on 1 through with the keeper most of the timrs he'll miss. He cant dribble , can't shoot and has poor technique . He needs someone to be able to feed him balls into the box , someone we don't have either. If not don't except our attack to be any better than it currently is.
Hes an outstanding Striker when fit.

We wont get better.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin is not even a good striker FFS. Even if he didn't get injured I'd be looking to sign a striker to replace him in our starting 11. More so after we sold Richarlison that at least could dribble , could shoot and could score a goal out of nothing. Dominic Calvert-Lewin scores tap ins and even if he is 1 on 1 through with the keeper most of the timrs he'll miss. He cant dribble , can't shoot and has poor technique . He needs someone to be able to feed him balls into the box , someone we don't have either. If not don't except our attack to be any better than it currently is.
He’s by no means world class but he’s unbelievably better than Rondon. If we had a fit DCL then I think we’re probably 3 points better off by now.

But yes, adding more quality in forward positions, and somebody who could genuinely push DCL would be great.

Don't think we did. We relied on him to stay fit for August. Which would have bought us time to get in a striker towards the end of the window on the cheap.

But now they're panicking because for some reason they didn't switch tact back to a striker on August 2-3rd when they knew Dom was injured
we would still have gone into the start of season with 1 striker as Rondon is a waste of space, poor planning whatever way you try and dress it up.

We have needed more goals/asssists in the team since last summer/January when we let James, Sig(his own fault), Bernard and Digne go. Even King was an option. Then we sold our top scorer on top of that. Stripped most of the goals out of the team and squad. Then we were left with Dom who is injury prone and a bunch of others who if you are lucky will get five goals. You can't rely on one goal scorer anymore its old fashioned thinking. You need three or four creators/goal scorers in a squad.

this-is-fine.0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.