Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's what I said. Obviously not in every single game he's played, because that's not how professional football works, but in the main yes he's been very poor for us. Everyone who has paid even a passing interest in us in the last 2 years would be able to tell you that our midfield has been a major weak point for that entire time, and he has been a mainstay of it. People tried to convince themselves that he was great in that first season (same with Doucoure) but overall they were mediocre at best.
No, actually Allan was great in his first season here.

Yes he's showing signs of rapid decline and in hindsight the timing of that decline was probably predictable given his age. I'd grudgingly agree that he was probably a poorly-considered purchase, again due to age.

But he certainly did have a strong first season with us.

That is off its head. It's not like he's choosing Beef or Salmon at a wedding.

Might be they are looking at him as a replacement at inside forward for Richarilson , he can play on the left flank as well as upfront - but would he be up to filling in full time for Richarlison and potentially Gordon out left, that's a big roll of the dice - once DCL is fit.

Looking at other clubs deals today seems like players that we have been linked with alongside thise clubs will have fewer options. Newcastle have reportedly spent 60m on a striker

and West Ham 40m on a midfielder

Newcastle wanted Broja, West Ham tried to get Gallagher last week, makes me wonder.

This guy is useless; got Gana wrong, got Kudus wrong...

Fake News.
What did he get wrong? we set up deals with both clubs then developments emerged that changed the situation football deals aren't static things happen, gueye had a disagreement with compensation which complicated things and then ajax noticed there was a n abundance of interest for kudus and waffled on the deal

No, actually Allan was great in his first season here.

Yes he's showing signs of rapid decline and in hindsight the timing of that decline was probably predictable given his age. I'd grudgingly agree that he was probably a poorly-considered purchase, again due to age.

But he certainly did have a strong first season with us.
After September of that year we never tried to keep the ball again. I can't put any midfielder down as great when you're doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.