2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be difficult for young lads having to deal with some of our fans. Our players probably expect that they might be liked but then face reality and get roared at and booed at the match and go online and see non stop abuse and the kind of support that sees some grown men screaming at a computer screen, purple in the face with veins bulging out of their forehead shouting "SELL HIM"!

I think AG is great and has been a model pro, worked hard, refused to buckle last season when many of our senior pros had thrown the towel in - young Anthony fought to keep our Everton in the Premier League. The reaction he gets for this must be confusing and disappointing.

I wish we could keep our better players and shift some of our fanbase. Just my opinion but there it is.

If you read this, Anthony, you have my sincerest thanks and I wish you well in the next chapter of your life. UTFT! ?
Agree with almost all of that mate accept one vital thing, the lad wants to move after one season at the club playing, knowing we are likely facing a pretty tough season ahead even with him.

So for that mate, nah it undermines pretty much all the effort and words spouted last season.

You say about wishing we could keep out better players, we could easily if 21yo academy lads didn't jump ship at the first club to lift their skirt at them.

No different to Barkley, Jeffers and the rest who went for the money at the first opportunity.

Turning up our noses at £60m for Anthony Gordon would be the equivalent of a drowning man rejecting a life jacket thrown his way.

It completely bails us out off the pitch with our FFP problems, which is annoying as those muppets on the Board don't deserve that kind of fortune but it is what it is. It's also enough money for us to go out and sign at least two players in positions we so desperately need, an out-and-out striker and a wide forward.

If we stick with our current front three we are rolling the dice massively, effectively praying that Calvert-Lewin comes back on time, stays fit and bangs them in. Gordon, Gray, McNeil and Rondon would do well to score five goals apiece this season, I'm not actually sure I'd fancy any of them to hit that figure.

Selling Gordon and bringing in two replacements carries risk in its own right but I fancy our chances far more. I do not hold Lampard and Thelwell responsible for the mistakes of clowns like Koeman, Walsh and Brands and just because we've replaced players poorly in the past doesn't mean that we will do now.

Good luck to Gordon, we should be thanking him for appearing to force this move as if he was content to stay the idiots who run us would probably tell Chelsea where to go.

Think its a horrible deal for the lad himself mate, hes not getting the platform their he will here and he wont develop and he needs to, can see him going the way of Barkley, both could have been cracking players, its a huge pity if it happens.
I'll add that if this is Tuchel pushing for the deal like reported, then what happens in the likely event he's sacked this season.

60m seriously? Everton should be snapping there hands off. Should be demanding £60m plus Broja/Hudson-Odoi and Gallagher on loan as the bare minimum. Let’s see how much they really want him then.

I like the kid and think his potential is huge but he would get lost at Chelsea, he won't get thew required game time to really kick on, ask Pulisic.

However the money would be pure profit for the books, (bothers me this that we have to work this way but that's another story) he hasn't produced the numbers that a £60m bid would suggest, he may hit those heights who knows.

If he's asked to leave however, get the uber ordered he's getting a bit above his station in my opinion, he got a good season under his belt because of our terrible recruitment and this is the thanks we get. very disappointed if this is the case but get him sold and get a striker in who does score goals. We can't turn down money like that for him, he may never be worth it again(not that he is now)

Status
Not open for further replies.