2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

£60m for AG, we have to bite their hands off. If we get that money then we have to go for Ollie Watkins who can play up front on his own or he can do a job alongside Dominic Calvert-Lewin. He'd keep us up.
Villa would be demanding too much for him. He'd definitely cost £40m.

Take the £50+ 10m and shop abroad for three players.

For the love of god, please have decent people lined up if we agree to the sale.

Be arsed selling him then waiting to deadline day before we pay £90m for Harry Winks s as md Scott McTominay
Agreed mate, given that it looks significant bids are coming in, as mentioned earlier, I think we might be better putting all of the money off the debt to address FFP. It would be sickening in many respects but we need to address previous failures or we will be caught in the FFP trap everytime a transfer window comes up. Get shut of the debt and start looking at what we need and serious options, not panic buys with a couple of days of the window left when most of the decent players have gone.

In defence of the board and director of football, they’ve surely known this was going to happen and have rightly refused to buckle to fan pressure to get a forward in that they probably weren’t totally convinced by. Why sign a Brereton Diaz for 10 million when you’re 99% sure you’re getting 50-60m in before the window closes and you can then go for a far higher quality striker?

We need 2 forwards. If they think Brereton Diaz is good enough, then the fee being <£15m shouldn't change that. We can now spend bigger on a forward but we won't be able to spend big on two of them.

Online sources are suggesting that Spurs are about to come back with a bigger bid than Chelsea! Man U monitoring the situation. Anything less than 80 million this late in the window is robbery.

I also agree with Michael Balls comments that the danger is we will get fleeced for a dud if we have to replace him now. It might be better to just put any possible sales money off the debt to free up FFP wriggle room in the next window.
I get the concerns as we have hardly covered ourselves in glory in the past but we can not keep thinking that way, if you did you would never do any transfers.

Just need to hope there is a plan in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.