2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather they stopped preparing the bid and made the bid though. It's the 23rd of August and we need to reinvest.

We need to be very strong and stop letting them dictate the negotiations.

If there's more than one club offering 60 mill, then why the help would we accept only that much? There is some serious , big interest in AG from clubs who either see themselves dropping out of contention (Chelsea) and others who see this season as potentially league champions (Spurs) and maybe City, who want to deprive rivals of what they (all) see as an outstanding talent. You can see why Newcastle wanted to get in early with 35 mill.
At some point we have to quit playing the suitors off one another and get our own business done. There's also the potential problem of the player having a preference over destinations.

Why not mate, he is the best young English talent to have broken through in the last 12 months. Why would we not be benchmarking against Grealish and Sancho?

You realise those two - sancho in particular - put in a couple of seasons of top performances (and outcomes of goals/assists) before their big moves?

We currently need a striker and a forward who can play right across the front 3.

So we need 2 for sure in the next week. If Gordon goes we need 3 in. 3 forward thinking players in a week.

We can't just be pinning our hopes on, let's say a Broja, DCLs fitness issues have been for over a year now. What happens if Broja got injured? We literally have no depth as it is, so if Gordon goes we need another.

I'm not talking about about the likes of a 1 goal a season, 1 assist Mcneil type either. We need 3 forwards capable of adding 8-10 each a season and +5 assists.

If you’re a team with money then £60m is not that much. If you’re a team with no money then it’s a lot and you might be forced to take it

I thought we were supposed to have become a team with money, not one doing fire sales. It separates us from the top sides who are hoovering up the young talent

We currently need a striker and a forward who can play right across the front 3.

So we need 2 for sure in the next week. If Gordon goes we need 3 in. 3 forward thinking players in a week.

We can't just be pinning our hopes on, let's say a Broja, DCLs fitness issues have been for over a year now. What happens if Broja got injured? We literally have no depth as it is, so if Gordon goes we need another.

I'm not talking about about the likes of a 1 goal a season, 1 assist Mcneil type either. We need 3 forwards capable of adding 8-10 each a season and +5 assists.
I don't think we really do need another one if Gordon goes mate, or at least not one of the exact same types.

We need, as you say, a striker and a quality, versatile attacker/wide forward.

Then I'd say the priority is also defensive mid (Gueye, but we should be able to do that regardless of Gordon) and a creative player. Maybe that player does play wide but I'm thinking more from midfield. I don't know much about Kudus but given we are/were in for him it suggests they want someone who can help progress the ball centrally and has quality to deliver the final pass too.

Four players in. IMO that's fine, as long as that balance is covered: defensive mid, creative player, versatile attacker (this should be where a decent chunk of the money goes IMO) and a striker (I think it'll be Broja).

If you’re a team with money then £60m is not that much. If you’re a team with no money then it’s a lot and you might be forced to take it

I thought we were supposed to have become a team with money, not one doing fire sales. It separates us from the top sides who are hoovering up the young talent
Mate we had to sell our best player to avoid a possible points deduction

It's crap, but we are where we are.

I will however say that I don't care if you're this financially ruined Everton or Man City, if you got an offer worth up to £60m for a lad of Gordon's current quality, you sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.