2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesnt get 10 goals. Hes also younger than Foden.

Foden also plays in a team that has 75%+possession with Silva, De Bruyne, Rodri, Mahrez, Haaland, Cancelo.

The fact anyone would think it was reasonable, to think any player, never mind Gordon could outdo an older player, who's meant to be the best young player in the country, in a side with a tiny fraction of the creativity sort of sums up the delusional towards him.
Honestly mate, don't know what some of the people are smoking in this thread ?.

Gordon should outperform Foden and fans won't get on his case if he doesn't pull up trees apparently...

He doesnt get 10 goals. Hes also younger than Foden.

Foden also plays in a team that has 75%+possession with Silva, De Bruyne, Rodri, Mahrez, Haaland, Cancelo.

The fact anyone would think it was reasonable, to think any player, never mind Gordon could outdo an older player, who's meant to be the best young player in the country, in a side with a tiny fraction of the creativity sort of sums up the delusional towards him.
It's reasonable because people like you and others keep making out he is some sort of superstar wonderkid when he isn't.

It's reasonable because people like you and others keep making out he is some sort of superstar wonderkid when he isn't.

I'm not making him out to be any such thing.

But even if I were, to say he should be out performing Foden is ridiculous.

Its like saying Onana should outdo KDB, or a striker should outdo Haaland. It's completely unrealistic.

If he was outperforming Foden, in this squad, he would be levels above Foden. I dont think theres a young player in world football who's levels above Foden. You are setting an unachievable goal for him to then state hes not good enough.

All people like me are doing is pointing out the flaw in this, and say judge him on some vaguely sensible goals.

I’m not being obtuse, you started replying to me, not the other way round. I’m saying that since last season there’s been a lot of talk about him getting a hard time and the pressure he gets put under and how everyone needs to lay off him, and yet I honestly don’t think a player has had the entire fan base behind him like Gordon has for the last 20 years. If you’re talking about something else that’s fine, but that’s not really my fault is it.
The fact that I replied to you doesn't stop you being obtuse...

And once again, I'm not talking about the support he's received thus far, I'm talking about the potential grief he'll get if he stays and doesn't perform especially well. This is really not a controversial take.

The fact that I replied to you doesn't stop you being obtuse...

And once again, I'm not talking about the support he's received thus far, I'm talking about the potential grief he'll get if he stays and doesn't perform especially well. This is really not a controversial take.
But I’m not disagreeing with that, which is why I’m not being obtuse. We’re talking about two different things, like my last post explained. If it comes out he’s asked for a transfer the crowd will turn quickly, if he signs a new contract he’ll continue to be the darling of the gwladys street for as long as he closes down his opposing full back. It would be the same at grounds up and down the country. Football fans are parochial and fickle, you haven’t exactly stumped on to a shocking revelation there.

But I’m not disagreeing with that, which is why I’m not being obtuse. We’re talking about two different things, like my last post explained. If it comes out he’s asked for a transfer the crowd will turn quickly, if he signs a new contract he’ll continue to be the darling of the gwladys street for as long as he closes down his opposing full back. It would be the same at grounds up and down the country. Football fans are parochial and fickle, you haven’t exactly stumped on to a shocking revelation there.
No, you said the idea that he gets a rough time of it is some 'next level narrative building' which I questioned stating that IF he stays and doesn't pull up trees he will get grief. You claimed only on forums and I said no, at the match as well. You are now agreeing with me that he will get grief at the match if it comes out he asked for a transfer (he won't need to do that much to get grief) and are now saying I'm not saying anything revelatory ?.

Don't think you really know what you're arguing here mate and if you do, it's certainly not very coherent.

Have a good night ?

Status
Not open for further replies.