2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrated listening to unsubstantiated claims about potential lost desire before proceeding to make unsubstantiated claims about a potential underlying medical condition
Fair point, but my intention wasn’t to speculate that he has a medical condition or trying to start a rumour or anything like that. My point was that most reactions and commentators just seem to fall back on his lack of hunger or lack of desire. The only thing we know is he wasn’t picked by the manager, I don’t think that directly correlates to desire. I don’t think the manager just looks at Deli and says, he didn’t train hard enough so he doesn’t get in, i watched all the training videos last year and deli seemed to train like the others. I don’t think he just trains a little harder when the cameras are on.

When I said medical condition, I probably should have clarified. I meant there must have been some concrete evidence for Frank not to pick him, like maybe Deli just doesn’t run as much in training as the others, Frank can’t pick him, because he doesn’t have the work rate to finish a game, but he can come on as a sub. I do apologise if I sounded like I was speculating something medical related there but I did mean there has to be a reason for him not to be picked given we know he is quite talented as a player and can run a game.

I think in the All or Nothing Spurs doc on Amazon, Mourinho calls on him, in a positive way to demand more of himself, maybe reading between the lines he has just "settled" for what he has when clearly he was capable of so so much more?

None of us really know and rightly, as you say, medical issues, whether physical or mental should remain private to him.

Its a shame to have it at your fingertips and let it slip, but who knows though he may go to Turley and set the world on fire, they seem very excited about the prospect of him being over there!

Something clearly isnt quite right having said all the above though!

Yep I watched that, I’m surprised they aired that, given it could hurt the value of a player. When I watched that ep, I think Mourinho was implying he was under the standard of a premier league player playing as a 10. We’ve got guys like Firmino who bust a gut on the defensive end, and maybe Deli doesn’t do it or can’t for a whole game.

If he gets gametime, I’m sure he’ll get back in form, yeah the stats say they want someone that runs all day, but I still believe that some teams can afford to have a luxury player especially if they have a lack of creativity. It’s no surprise that James and Deli are leaving Everton, I think the coaching staff just don’t think we can afford these type of luxury players.

Fair point, but my intention wasn’t to speculate that he has a medical condition or trying to start a rumour or anything like that. My point was that most reactions and commentators just seem to fall back on his lack of hunger or lack of desire. The only thing we know is he wasn’t picked by the manager, I don’t think that directly correlates to desire. I don’t think the manager just looks at Deli and says, he didn’t train hard enough so he doesn’t get in, i watched all the training videos last year and deli seemed to train like the others. I don’t think he just trains a little harder when the cameras are on.

When I said medical condition, I probably should have clarified. I meant there must have been some concrete evidence for Frank not to pick him, like maybe Deli just doesn’t run as much in training as the others, Frank can’t pick him, because he doesn’t have the work rate to finish a game, but he can come on as a sub. I do apologise if I sounded like I was speculating something medical related there but I did mean there has to be a reason for him not to be picked given we know he is quite talented as a player and can run a game.

Yep I watched that, I’m surprised they aired that, given it could hurt the value of a player. When I watched that ep, I think Mourinho was implying he was under the standard of a premier league player playing as a 10. We’ve got guys like Firmino who bust a gut on the defensive end, and maybe Deli doesn’t do it or can’t for a whole game.

If he gets gametime, I’m sure he’ll get back in form, yeah the stats say they want someone that runs all day, but I still believe that some teams can afford to have a luxury player especially if they have a lack of creativity. It’s no surprise that James and Deli are leaving Everton, I think the coaching staff just don’t think we can afford these type of luxury players.
It's a shame. He's choosing to ditch the league he set alight a few years ago and a manager that is, or at least was in January, desperate to get him firing again. Might be fed up with the pressure, might be other explanations only he knows.

Whatever the reason, good luck to him. With all that talent he bags I hope it comes to use, wish it was here but it looks like it's not going to be.

Have to say Frank is ruthless which is needed with Alli, but isn’t it sad that a kid with as much potential as he has wasting away and ending up in the Turkish league.

Talk about a fall from grace

It'll be after this weekend, should it happen. Was pictured in training this morning, along with Gordon.

It's a shame. He's choosing to ditch the league he set alight a few years ago and a manager that is, or at least was in January, desperate to get him firing again. Might be fed up with the pressure, might be other explanations only he knows.

Whatever the reason, good luck to him. With all that talent he bags I hope it comes to use, wish it was here but it looks like it's not going to be.
you’d think a championship team would be a better fit than leaving the country and going to turkey. I suppose besiktas would pay better wages, reportedly 2m a year which is about 40k a week?

Any chance giving him the option of going to Turkey was a last ditch effort to light a fire? Wishful thinking, no doubt, but I wouldn’t expect someone who was heading out the door to practice with the team with any amount of energy, especially with the starboy who’s also supposedly leaving.
1660836863839.jpeg

You know what. If Dele leaves, I am even more annoyed (if that is possible) with Kenwright.

He sat there in January negotiating with Daniel Levy during possibly the most important window in our Premier League existence when we needed players to hit the ground running, or be around for a rebuild. Now Alli looks like he will tick neither box.

There was no unbelievable deal - if it looks too good to be true, then it is.

What a waste of time. We could have been signing Christian Eriksen instead who would now still be here and we'd have been safe well before Palace.

You know what. If Dele leaves, I am even more annoyed (if that is possible) with Kenwright.

He sat there in January negotiating with Daniel Levy during possibly the most important window in our Premier League existence when we needed players to hit the ground running, or be around for a rebuild. Now Alli looks like he will tick neither box.

There was no unbelievable deal - if it looks too good to be true, then it is.

What a waste of time. We could have been signing Christian Eriksen instead who would now still be here and we'd have been safe well before Palace.
What a chant though…

Status
Not open for further replies.