Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you had me until the second line.

There is never any reason to buy bad players. I'm sure someone around here said they had no issue with Rondon coming in as backup too. But then they have to play and they're bad.

Maybe wait until they've even signed and played a game for us before writing them off as bad players !

….yep, that’s sensible, Billy.

My daughter is staying for a week whilst her husband is away, she shares my liking for rum. I’m on my third one now, so I went a bit maverick.

I like a drop myself. Don Papa my current bottle but Diplomatico my all time fave. Sipped with ice.

They are gambling big time and as its Everton it usually goes wrong
It’s a massive gamble to sell your two best attacking regulars from last season, lose your main striker to injury and wait until the season is well underway to get any replacements /back up. I hope the targets are lined up and just awaiting funds, if not we could be in a whole world of pain!

….I hear the links to the likes of Maupay but how positive it would be if we bring in a striker with the same profile as Onana. It would really be a statement of things to come from the Lampard/Thelwell partnership.
I too, would like to see 11 Onanas on the pitch!

Right, that's enough of the childish and puerile insults - any more and a period in isolation might make you rather Mr Unhappy !!
I read that in the voice of Sir Lindsay Hoyle lol

Attachments

• 99F05A60-71F0-4E61-A78A-803DB41613CE.jpeg
    99F05A60-71F0-4E61-A78A-803DB41613CE.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 32
They've done ok in reinforcing the defence - and got someway into midfield.

That said, reinventing the attack seems to have been an abject failure so far.

Perhaps they've just run out of cash flow / FFP to do the forwards without using loans.
Agree with the defence, but we are running the risk of falling well behind if these replacements don’t hit the ground running. Risky as hell!

Eh? So you can't assess a player as being a bad player until they sign for us?

Adams: 16 goals in last 2 seasons

Maupay: 16 goals in last 2 seasons

Richarlison: 17 goals in last 2 seasons

Gordon: 4 goals in last 2 seasons

Problem with our fans is they overhype our own players and slate other clubs players unless they are fancy named or play for a lower league/hipster club.

Well you had me until the second line.

There is never any reason to buy bad players. I'm sure someone around here said they had no issue with Rondon coming in as backup too. But then they have to play and they're bad.

It's very predictable.

Buy Adams or Maupay and they'll give them a 3 or 4 year contract.

They'll have 1 full season, bit part 2nd season. 3rd season they'll go out on loan as no one would actually buy a below average 28 year old or they sit around and leave on a free or worse yet we'll be stuck with them for the 4th.

It's very predictable.

Buy Adams or Maupay and they'll give them a 3 or 4 year contract.

They'll have 1 full season, bit part 2nd season. 3rd season they'll go out on loan as no one would actually buy a below average 28 year old or they sit around and leave on a free or worse yet we'll be stuck with them for the 4th.
I agree in theory in the idea of investing in well scouted young talent who go under the radar who we can develop and sell on. The problem is in our position can we take two or three punts? What if we end up with three Sandros or Moise Keanes, who look good stats wise but who never adapt?We are risking our status so we need some kind of proven entity and maybe more of a wildcard? We need three forward thinking players at this stage at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.